Got a good bit more done since the last update. The car is now painted and striped. The engine is ready to go in the car. Assembly is ongoing. Window trim and windshields are next so I can put the last coat of Rat Rod Satin black on all of that. The hood scoop is on the hood and about half finished getting glazing to smooth out the hammer work. That will then get a final coat of Rat Rod Satin black as well. The bumpers are on the car and repainted in the satin black. Taillights are on the car with black trim/ new lenses.
I have got a few more things done this summer. I got it painted, but, the panels were different shades so I sanded it down and am ready to shoot a copper color as soon as the weather cooperates. I installed heat/sound shield on the floors and truck, roof and inside doors and quarter window cavities. Installed the right side quarter window and mechanism. Working on the left. Have some broken and missing parts on that side. Got tires mounted and on the car. New brake shoes on the rear. ordered $2500 bucks worth of parts. Waiting on headliner and the intermediate brake line to come in still. Put on valve cover gaskets and figured out the plug wire looms. Installed the custom coil bracket, new ignition module in the Unilite, the Power Master alternator got installed as did the fuel line from pump to carb feed. Realigned the power steering pump pulley with the crank pulley. Bolted down the intake and test fit the exhaust manifolds. Installed the door latches and adjusted the doors for gaps, and fenders too. Painted the bumpers. Should be running and drivable by spring hopefully!
While I wait for the weather to cooperate, I installed the oil pressure sender in the 440 block and placed the one wheel I have on the left rear to check the measurements to the rail and well lip. Centered. The shell is in 4 coats of primer and sanded down to be ready to apply color. I just need a few days in a row of 70*+ days. Last fall I sent the block off to RPM Racing Engines in Georgia, VT to be machined. It's at +0.40 over now and the cylinders have been squared up and milled, the decks trued up, the cam bearings installed, and the rest of the machining done. The forged crank has been polished, new Speed Pro pistons, Melling High Volume oil pump, new bearings all around, Viton Teflon valve seals, 10* Titanium locks, Comp 306-8-21 cam ( 240-470 @50), new push rods, Hemi style 7 quart pan with windage tray, new rings and seals, Mancini Racing billet aluminum rear seal tower, Weiand single plane that's two color Powder Coated by the Mistress of Metal, Holley 750 dual feed w/ elec choke and Summit chrome fuel rail w/ liquid filled pressure gauge in line. New bolts and washers and nuts for everything. Painted the 440 block Hemi Orange, the water pump, valve covers, and oil pump and power steering pump are in high temp wrinkle black. March polished aluminum pulleys, Polished timing chain cover, Hemi Orange valley pan. I assembled the motor myself.