• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘72 bucket seats & rear seats $2700??

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
I can’t imagine how bad these seats were and why anyone would invest that much in 2 common seats… I could see maybe 2k on 69 buckets with the headrests or 70 bucket seats with the pot metal hinge covers..

8DAC178C-277B-46C9-8D49-F9BDB1B10F3A.png

E551F8D3-0ABF-48EA-AB1C-5F09155E4FC0.png

596461C0-5C75-4B41-B276-7226D48193E9.png

That’s not a bad price for someone completely missing seats for their B Body. They aren’t that common.

If you started from zero, found a decent set suitable for rebuild, then bought foam, vinyl covers and backs, and then paid someone to recover them, you wouldn’t be far from that price.

That’s not a bad price for someone completely missing seats for their B Body. They aren’t that common.

If you started from zero, found a decent set suitable for rebuild, then bought foam, vinyl covers and backs, and then paid someone to recover them, you wouldn’t be far from that price.
I guess since I have 6 sets of nice original buckets and see them at flea markets for $400-450pr in good shape why bother to start with just frames…Very common around here..

Seems like the seller is trying to recoup some poor decisions. I'd admit that recovering seats isn't cheap especially when buying Legendary components, but at $1350/ea that seems a bit much not to mention he seems like a dick... just saying.

I guess since I have 6 sets of nice original buckets and see them at flea markets for $400-450pr in good shape why bother to start with just frames…Very common around here..
Sounds like you should go into the seat business…I rarely see them.

I highly doubt you are finding “good shape” driver quality 72 B body buckets for $400 a pair…please share some links if you actually are.

Besides, this is a full set. Not just buckets. Front and rear. Completely rebuilt. With new foam, vinyl, backs, and professional recovering.

Everything has gotten really expensive lately.

It's not $1350 per seat. The rear is there too. I guarantee by the time you buy a set to rebuild, pay for, wait for and ship the material, pay some one to assemble and install, that is a fair price. At least in Canada where we have to pay duty on top of the exchange. But regardless, a finished set of new seats is not cheap. How much are door panels?

Sounds like you should go into the seat business…I rarely see them.

I highly doubt you are finding “good shape” driver quality 72 B body buckets for $400 a pair…please share some links if you actually are.

Besides, this is a full set. Not just buckets. Front and rear. Completely rebuilt. With new foam, vinyl, backs, and professional recovering.

Everything has gotten really expensive lately.
Absolutely am seeing them at Flea markets for those prices. I am close to Maple grove raceway and Carlisle… You need the dates? I guess it a deal for those who don’t know people, can’t look for parts and can’t do anything mechanical.. I quickly read the ad and A full set changes it a little bit but here you can still find back seats in excellent shape for $100 or less. I had a friend take about 20 sets to Carlisle after two days of no takers he was selling them for $30 set with nice foam and clean springs… so he wouldn’t have to deal with them..

Last edited:
I sold these late Saturday at Carlisle for $500 clean tracks, nice backs etc.. They were there for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Guess I should have sold them for $1,000…

SOLD - Late 71 Plymouth bucket seats

Absolutely am seeing them at Flea markets for those prices. I am close to Maple grove raceway and Carlisle… You need the dates? I guess it a deal for those who don’t know people and can’t do anything mechanical.. A full set changes it a little bit but here you can still find back seats in excellent shape for $100 or less. I had a friend take about 20 sets to Carlisle after two days of no takers he was selling them for $30 set with nice foam and clean springs… so he wouldn’t have to deal with them..
I sold these late Saturday for $500 clean tracks, nice backs etc.. Guess I should have sold them for $1,000…

Thanks for proving my point. Those seats are apples and oranges to what’s being discussed.

$500 for your old seats, which is a great price but they are not in any type of condition to put into a restored vehicle, add a used back seat set, and then add nearly $2k in parts to refoam, recover, etc…and you’ll be pretty close to what this guy is asking. Not sure what you mean by “can’t do anything mechanical” or what that has to do with anything in this discussion.

Go price foam, covers, and shipping for a FULL set of seats on Legendary. Even if you recover yourself it’s going to be close after you procure a full set of candidate seats. Not having to wait 18 months is worth $$ for some people too.

We don’t all live near the Mecca of Carlisle LOL.

Last edited:
I just looked up 1972 Charger front and rear seat skins. $880USD, before tax and shipping. It's a reality of our hobby. Hell half the project cars you see are going for money they don't command, so getting nice parts it doesn't bother me to pay for.

I just looked up 1972 Charger front and rear seat skins. $880USD, before tax and shipping. It's a reality of our hobby. Hell half the project cars you see are going for money they don't command, so getting nice parts it doesn't bother me to pay for.
Yup, add foam to that and it gets even higher…if you don’t have seats at all you have to buy them too. Then wait over a year for the material to come in to rebuild them LOL.

I sold these late Saturday at Carlisle for $500 clean tracks, nice backs etc.. They were there for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Guess I should have sold them for $1,000…

That was good price for a set needing covers.
Covers 520.00
foam 370.00 if needed
backs 258.00.
If you have to buy a bunch of new stuff it adds up fast.
I recently sold 2 sets of 71-2 B bucket tracks for 250.00set and they sold pretty fast.

Thanks for proving my point. Those seats are apples and oranges to what’s being discussed.

$500 for your old seats, which are not in any type of condition to put into a restored vehicle, add a used back seat set, and then add nearly $2k in parts to refoam, recover, reback etc…and you’ll be pretty close to what this guy is asking. Not sure what you mean by “can’t do anything mechanical” or what that has to do with anything in this discussion.

Go price foam, covers and backs for a FULL set of seats on Legendary. Even if you recover yourself it’s going to be close after you procure a full set of candidate seats.
Lol you said you can’t find them for cheap.. They were factory original seats that had the original material on the with beautiful rust free tracks and nice springs and foam.. I never said restored seats for $400-450pr. So the guy who recovers them is gonna have $2200 in them when adds a rear seat? Whatever buy them for spares since they are so hard to find they are a bargain!!!

That was good price for a set needing covers.
Covers 520.00
foam 370.00 if needed
backs 258.00.
If you have to buy a bunch of new stuff it adds up fast.
I recently sold 2 sets of 71-2 B bucket tracks for 250.00set and they sold pretty fast.
Agreed I guess I am spoiled with having nice parts, knowing people, knowing how to do stuff myself and being in an area where there are tons of parts available if needed..

Lol you said you can’t find them for cheap.. They were factory original seats that had the original material on the with beautiful rust free tracks and nice springs and foam.. I never said restored seats for $400-450pr. So the guy who recovers them is gonna have $2200 in them when adds a rear seat? Whatever buy them for spares since they are so hard to find they are a bargain!!!
I said you couldn’t find “Good Seats” for $400-$450, as if they are just hanging around ready to be cleaned up and put in a restored ride. We’re talking about the current value of fully restored seats here…you’re talking about cores.

I said you couldn’t find “Good Seats” for $400-$450, as if they are just hanging around ready to be cleaned up and put in a restored ride. We’re talking about the current value of fully restored seats here…you’re talking about cores.
And like Mark said I would not have anywhere near the $$$ in a set of seats.. And you said bucket seats are not common.. lol

Agreed I guess I am spoiled with having nice parts, knowing people, knowing how to do stuff myself and being in an area where there are tons of parts available if needed..
Plenty of folks around here know how to do stuff themselves. Unless you are custom fabbing/fitting your own foam and typing this with a vinyl needle in the corner of your mouth while you take a break from hand stitching your own seat covers, it’s completely irrelevant to the discussion. LOL

Plenty of folks around here know how to do stuff themselves. Unless you are custom fabbing/fitting your own foam and typing this with a vinyl needle in the corner of your mouth while you take a break from hand stitching your own seat covers, it’s completely irrelevant to the discussion. LOL
Lol Whatever.. The internet is a big place and every once in awhile you run across someone like you… I will leave it there..

Lol Whatever.. The internet is a big place and every once in awhile you run across someone like you… I will leave it there..
You’re the one who kicked this off by dunking on some other guy’s fully restored seats without a clue what it costs to rebuild a FULL set these days….so yeah, maybe do leave it there.

I guess it all depends on how much the guy paid for labor. He may very well have 2700.00 in them but I don't see him getting that back for them. Not for 72 Charger. Probably closer to 2K. 70-1 Cuda, probably yes.

Auto Transport Service
Back