• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘73 & ‘74 Roadrunner differentiation

Yes they did, this is my 71.

IMG_6199.jpg

I read threw the comments all are not wrong, but Natcho got it all right. In addition either car is a great choice, you can't go wrong, the 74&73 are a better riding car versus 71&72 due to the insulated K frame.

I read threw the comments all are not wrong, but Natcho got it all right. In addition either car is a great choice, you can't go wrong, the 74&73 are a better riding car versus 71&72 due to the insulated K frame.
He basically re-wrote what was posted above his post…

We have a 73 roadrunner, and a second hood off a 74. 73 has hood vents and the 74 has none. Our 73 has 3 point seat belt harness, I thought all cars did in 73? Hard to see the hood vents in any of the pictures posted. Bumper guards would be a better way. I think the 74 plasticbumper guards look like the pictures posted, so I am going to say that car was a 74...
First season of the dukes was great.:p

I don't remember the 74 being in many episodes? I remember being really upset when later It went off the cliff and wasn't happy with the Jeep as a replacement. Our TV was broke at the time and we then had to watch the dukes at my grandparents. But my brother and I still managed to see most of the first season as they came out on tv. If I remember right, a 71 satellite went of the cliff. I think that 74 was the only roadrunner...the rest were satellites.
Hey bud, I am looking for a good 74 hood. Might you want to let one of your hoods go?

They must changed it sometime in 74. My 74 Coronet has a tranny weight. My 74 FPM shows both weights.,
71 FPM shows the tunnel weight.
Wonder why some cars got one and some didn't. I thiught only non-HP got them but that is not the case. My 71 RR built 10/70 didn't have one. My 71 SSP built Jan 71 did. My friend's 72 RR/GTX doesn't. I've cut up several with and without them really no rime or reason.
Here is the weight with the mounting plate
1672587703959.jpeg

1672587723982.jpeg

I found that some stuff is wrong in the parts manuals over the years where part numbers are right but illustrations are wrong..

I don't understand what attaching a weight to the floor pan would accomplish.

I understand that attaching it to the tail shaft could reduce the severity or quell the frequency of vibrations.

My Coronet was a Dec built car and has the tranny weight. When was your car built Nacho?
i think imposible to know it. Venezuelan assembled cars don’t have date codes like in USA, at least that we are aware of.

But it must be a very earlier 74 because by 74 the local goverment aprooved new assembly laws to car manufacturers simplifying the car lines options and that’s the reason why NewYorkers weren’t anymore assembled in Venezuela (73 was the last locally assembled NewYorker available). Chargers were also eliminated so mine must be one of the very first 74 CKDs which had to be assembled being already at assembly plant waiting on the assembly line when the new law was aprooved. While on 69-73 period, 2 doors B bodies produced were around 1000 per year, 74s barely reached around 500

Local brochures in fact never included the 74 Charger on the line, like 71-73 did.

Auto Transport Service
Back