• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

06 Daytona extended warranty for fuel evap system

Anyone had this bumper cover off? Is there a push in fastener or should I not **** with it and make it worse.

Unbelievable Dennis....Don’t touch it. Their screwup. Let them fix it. A free loaner car for Linda is in the works I hope. Glad the stalling issue is fixed.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a stuck open purge solenoid to me. Common to stall engine immediately after fill up. Solenoid sticks open allowing full manifold vacuum to get to the tank and pulling fuel directly into the intake manifold.
You're right!! The valve on the gas tank is bad. Can't be replaced by itself due to the fact that it is molded as part of the tank, if I recall correctly.

View attachment 898934 Linda finagled a Loaner! Says the engine shuts off at red Lights.
My 2019 Durango GT plus does the same thing. There's a button on the dash to deactivate it. Has to be deactivated on each start. Can't stand it turning off and on!!

43CBEBE0-14D7-4AA4-BB14-CAA2E4F457F7.jpeg
Done. Linda took it in. 5th trip. Said it needed clips. Gap is closed. Guess it didn’t need clips the first time. Gotta stay on them, make multiple trips and bust their *** to get satisfaction. Looks good but shouldn’t be this hard.

Auto Transport Service
Back