• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB .060 413 stock replacement pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Ziegler

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Federal Mogul etc. J.C. Whitney marketed them, could buy them anywhere till discontinued

R/T, I'm so damn ignorant. Do you get annything from the .060 413 piston add? (the $399 pistons). It says RC on the pistons. I'd love the maker and part number. I need a stock replacement type piston, cast preferred but would accept forged. I'm doing a 426 street wedge project. Thanks again for any input. -Tim Z.

Rebuilder's Choice is the brand. They are exact stock clone pistons. Match stock compression distance within .001". Wrist pins are a little thicker in the wall, adds a little mass but I can't tell the difference. Piston itself is within a gram of factory weight. I'd buy them again.

R/T, I'm so damn ignorant. Do you get annything from the .060 413 piston add? (the $399 pistons). It says RC on the pistons. I'd love the maker and part number. I need a stock replacement type piston, cast preferred but would accept forged. I'm doing a 426 street wedge project. Thanks again for any input. -Tim Z.

Boring a 413 block with shared use from 413 - 426?

Yeah, a 64 413 will take + .060 overbore to = 426. Thanks again R/T. I'll run a 160 thermostat and shift at 6000 R's. Built to stock 426 wedge specs is a very mild motor. 4 spd and 4.10 gears with 30 inch slicks, I'll be happy with low 14's and that will be a challenge. -65 Belvedere II. 413 outa 64 New Yorker, 400 cam outa 190 horse Cordoba. Very conservative combo. Hooker fenderwell headers. 413 intake with its small AFB. Same horse as a 383 actually. "GTO Beater" as they were marketed

Yeah, a 64 413 will take + .060 overbore to = 426. Thanks again R/T. I'll run a 160 thermostat and shift at 6000 R's. Built to stock 426 wedge specs is a very mild motor. 4 spd and 4.10 gears with 30 inch slicks, I'll be happy with low 14's and that will be a challenge. -65 Belvedere II. 413 outa 64 New Yorker, 400 cam outa 190 horse Cordoba. Very conservative combo. Hooker fenderwell headers. 413 intake with its small AFB. Same horse as a 383 actually. "GTO Beater" as they were marketed

I went a similar way with different execution. Only bored mine .030 (who knows from the outside and I would rather have the extra cylinder wall than 6 more CI.) Used a stock roadrunner cam, 3310 Holley (early one with Chevy part number), CH4B, stock manifolds, 975 heads (9.25:1), 3.23's, 180° t-stat, open heat risers, and the factory auto tranny/conv. It won't get to a drag strip but if you want some reference I can knock off a couple 0-60s with the iphone gps app.

Hey, Nate, as you can tell I'm an origional type fanatic. My bore jobs are always .040 (thin wall castings too) but in the case of 413's I'm not afraid to go .060. I saw a Chubby guy go .120 on a 396 and put 427 pistons in it. His Chevelle was fast. I told him "you crazy? That motor will last 10 minutes" (it did). His machinest should have been locked up. A mutual friend told me that Chevelle was the fastest car he rode in. I gave said friend a ride in my 74 360 Dart and he said the Chevelle was no longer the fastest car he rode in

Can you do a 1/4 estimate on the very mild 426 I talked about? Stock they ran about 15. teens so I think with headers, 4.10 gears and the car on a diet (no p/s or brakes) 14.teens is realistic. Elect ign., slicks, cold intake. Steel flywheel, scattershield, solid mtr mounts and torque strap cuz right foot has to be on the floor the whole 1/4 mile. I C.C. and mill heads. It all helps. With an automatic I would use a 440 cast crank and dampener (22 pounds less weight)

Given this 15.2 at 95.5, and that with 2.94:1 and original tires. You’ll have headers, a notable difference, good traction and gears I’d think you’re about right with 14.00 @ 100.

1A32093B-5873-4DD5-AA4F-399FDA23DF78.jpeg

Thanks Nate. My 65 Bel II is white. I'm going with brown and keep white roof. A popular factory combination. Lite wt van buckets in lite brown/sand colored interior (whatever they call it). I have proper chrome a. cleaner and v.covers

Sounds nice. It’s interesting the different approaches people take. I too like the stock or plausible-period mods. My air cleaner has been at chrome jail fo 6 weeks. After that it’ll look similar to yours under the hood. The rest is original so I guess that’s about as stock as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back