• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1/4 is in from AMD

hemi#1

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
about 6:30 last night the !/4 panel was delivered. it's for the 64 sport fury convertible that is my next project. it looks great and the old one is off the car today. the rest of the body is rust free and the floors are good. I'm going to get running this week. here's some picts of the new 1/4 panel and the car it's going on tom's 64 001.jpgtom's 64 002.jpgtom's 64 003.jpgtom's 64 004.jpgtom's 64 011.jpgtom's 64 012.jpgtom's 64 016.jpg :headbang::hello2: a happy dance for once

Congrats. Hope it fits well and goes together smoothly.

1/4 panel

hi the 1/4 panel is a full panel with the door jam not just the outer skin

I did a test fit with it today. i'll have to modify one area because it's going on a conv. the panel is for a sedan. no big deal

I also chose AMD's full 1/4's for my resto. As far as quality goes...
they were the best I could buy at the time and my welder appreciated having 'them' to install v.s. some of the cheaper crap floating around on the market today.

That said, the metal is noticeably a thinner gauge, than your original panels. My body man gave me a tip, saying "Make sure you protect the inner L/R surfaces
of your quarters (inside your trunk space), if planning to place any objects in there that might move around and bang into your quarters. If that happens and
because the metal is thinner, there is a good chance, you will dent up your new quarters, making a real mess of your nice new paint job." I thought the tip
was worth repeating here. Looks great so far & good luck with the resto!

I went to their web site and they don't list the quarter panel, at least not for a 65 Belvedere.

Quarters

I went to their web site and they don't list the quarter panel, at least not for a 65 Belvedere.

If these reproduction quarters are based off a hardtop ,the area on the top of the quarters next to the trunk lid is quite a bit different than the convertibles and sedans .the hardtops are almost flat on top in the area alongside the trunklid .the sedans convertibles and 63 hardtops share the same contour .

You were saying, you mic'd the new AMD's @ .043

I have seen the below gauge thicknesses - posted elsewhere,
and based on your numbers... I think you are in good shape,
if you can make em work for your application.

Cold Rolled Steel thicknesses:

- 18ga = .0478"
- 20ga = .0359"
- 22ga = .0299"
- 24ga = .0239"

Satin coat or galv. sheet

- 18ga = .0516"
- 20ga = .0396"
- 22ga = .0336"
- 24ga = .0276"

Again, have fun with the resto.

Auto Transport Service