• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$10,000 Cash Finder's Fee Still Available

Would have been nice if they could have even given you at least a name or two of someone who worked there, like a long time service manager or ?? just another lead you could have used to potentially track down the car.

Have you posted up want ads on craigslist, FB market place, and small buy/sell sites in the areas you think the car may have been in, or could potentially be located today? Also any and all mopar car forums you can possibly sign up for? That is how I found my coronet posting want ads on CL and Kijiji and local small buy sell sites...was doing it randomly over a couple years with little hope it would pay off, but low and behold I get a call one day. ;)

I'm sure I could find one and build it back like my orig. The only thing is the color is extremely rare.
I spoke to Mark at Graveyard cars and he can build one exactly like it for about $100K but it will take at least 3 years.
I could swing the money but I don't think that time frame would work for me at this point in my life. :/
I'll probably just keep driving my 68. It's a very nice car.
Over the last 30 years, I've owned three red '69 GTXs, one a nearly identical car equipment wise to "the one back then" - (A/C, auto, and options galore,) and a one owner survivor, original except for one repaint. The last one was arguably a more desirable car, it was a numbers matching 4-speed, with a factory pewter interior. Though great cars on their own merits, none of them satisfyed the itch for the original, and I parted with them all for that reason. Driving the Demonstrator 52 years after the original test drive met my expectations, a feat never realized by the pretenders to the throne. I personally don't think a clone is the answer. Others may disagree, but this is my actual experience, not speculation.

Would have been nice if they could have even given you at least a name or two of someone who worked there, like a long time service manager or ?? just another lead you could have used to potentially track down the car.

Have you posted up want ads on craigslist, FB market place, and small buy/sell sites in the areas you think the car may have been in, or could potentially be located today? Also any and all mopar car forums you can possibly sign up for? That is how I found my coronet posting want ads on CL and Kijiji and local small buy sell sites...was doing it randomly over a couple years with little hope it would pay off, but low and behold I get a call one day. ;)
Thanks, I did quite a lot of searching nation wide through DMV records to see if that VIN was active somewhere but came up empty handed. I even had the Police do a VIN search and there was no record of it ever being registered anywhere in the last 30 years or more. That's as far back as records go since computer records were not available before that time. I guess I could try Craigs list in the Phx area but as far as FB, I was banned for life just before the 2020 election for posting a photo of myself holding a Trump coffee mug. F-FB.
Original RR 2 crp.jpg

Thanks, I did quite a lot of searching nation wide through DMV records to see if that VIN was active somewhere but came up empty handed. I even had the Police do a VIN search and there was no record of it ever being registered anywhere in the last 30 years or more. That's as far back as records go since computer records were not available before that time. I guess I could try Craigs list in the Phx area but as far as FB, I was banned for life just before the 2020 election for posting a photo of myself holding a Trump coffee mug. F-FB.
View attachment 1328842
Facebook did you a huge favor bro - that thing is a sewer of corrupt indoctrinating mind control and one way censorship. You should wear that ban as a badge of honor.

OK, how about this, if someone could help me locate another 70 RR, same color (Lime Green Metallic) that I could purchase I'd be happy to pay a reward for that. I wounder if there actually are any 70 RRs in that color that still exist? An interesting question.

If you knew the license plate number, you can have DMV do a search.
My 69 Charger I bought last year in Utah, had an oil change sticker with a SC plate on it. It helped me find the owner from 2000 in SC. I am still waiting to hear back from him.

If you knew the license plate number, you can have DMV do a search.
My 69 Charger I bought last year in Utah, had an oil change sticker with a SC plate on it. It helped me find the owner from 2000 in SC. I am still waiting to hear back from him.
I already tried that but the AZ DMV does not keep records going back that far. That was before computer records.

OK, how about this, if someone could help me locate another 70 RR, same color (Lime Green Metallic) that I could purchase I'd be happy to pay a reward for that. I wounder if there actually are any 70 RRs in that color that still exist? An interesting question.
Just to clarify, I'm not offering $10K for a similar car. I figure that goes without saying. ;)

My dad had one of those lime green “Road Runner” cars back in North Dakota in the 80’s he was going to fix up. Found out when he sold it that it was actually a Hemi GTX. He was so bummed. Hope you can fulfill your dream.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this post, which just paid off for me, is networking at the Chrysler Nationals. I realize that operationally this doesn't make sense for you personally, living in the west, but I'm thinking of all the guys on this site who gather there every year. We just need a reminder closer to the show, to get the word out. I apologize for not taking the initiative last summer.

Twenty some years ago, I was walking the swap area, and saw a vendor selling restored '69 GTX trim. I showed him a photo of the Demonstrator, asking him if he had ever heard of the car. His reply: "Yes, it happens to be parked in my garage, and it's not for sale."

He told me he would let me know if he ever changed his mind, and last June, I got the call.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this post, which just paid off for me, is networking at the Chrysler Nationals. I realize that operationally this doesn't make sense for you personally, living in the west, but I'm thinking of all the guys on this site who gather there every year. We just need a reminder closer to the show, to get the word out. I apologize for not taking the initiative last summer.

Twenty some years ago, I was walking the swap area, and saw a vendor selling restored '69 GTX trim. I showed him a photo of the Demonstrator, asking him if he had ever heard of the car. His reply: "Yes, it happens to be parked in my garage, and it's not for sale."

He told me he would let me know if he ever changed his mind, and last June, I got the call.
I haven't seen a Demonstrator.

Auto Transport Service
Back