$10,000 Cash Finder's Fee Still Available

Lost and Found B Body Mopars

1. steve from staten island

steve from staten island FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    Tell you what im no saint and hell ten g is a nice chunk of change but if I found this guys car, so help me God, he could keep his money, maybe make a small donation to my charity of choice.
    I give this guy a lot of credit and while living in the past is one thing, holding on to memories if it brings you peace and harmony so be it.
    I hope he finds his car and if not my only advise would to be find another and build it exactly like the original he had all those years ago

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • F4R/T

F4R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:28 AM
      Well I’d pay up or sell mine just to get dads old 70RT. I would make sure it was as close to the way it was when he bought it new, hand mom the keys and say give back later on , for now let him enjoy riding around in it.. To each their own, the past is usually a safe place to be, look what we have now! If folks acted like we did years ago and had respect just think of how different things could be! I’d pony up for pop more than myself.. He is in his 70s and a severe stroke victim that was misdiagnosed and he got sent home... What’s old is now new again! Best of luck is all I can say ..

• Like Like x 2
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • RRDon

RRDon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        8:28 AM
        You are correct, that was a left over 69 they had on the lot parked with the 70's. After thinking about it I finally recalled the black stripes on the hood and realized that one was a 69. Thanks for correcting me.

• moparply

moparply Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Have you found any history of the car since you sold it? When did you last have the car?

• Like Like x 1
        • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • RRDon

RRDon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          See my 1st post, pg1.

• moparply

moparply Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Ok.

• Alsd65

Alsd65 Member

Local Time:
          nicb.org has an extensive database of any insurance claims/ insured etc. if you know an agent with subscriber access. Your VIN from pg. 1 does not show stolen or salvaged on their public Vin check on the site.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • RGAZ

RGAZ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            I really wish you luck in finding it, but it does not exist in the NMVTIS database which means that it has not been titled anywhere in the US since approximately 1992. That is the year the NMVTIS system was established to track vehicle theft. So, if you really want to find it, the internet will not be the way. It will take good old fashion legwork and a ton of luck. If I had nothing better to do this would be a fun treasure hunt. You would start in Glendale, AZ with where you traded it in. Ask them if they archive their records at all, Ask for any retirees who might have worked there in 73 etc. If not, start hitting up the old timer repair shops and salvage yards. Talk to people tied to the car craze, see if you get some leads and track them all down. You could spend a lifetime looking, but might find some cool stuff along the way.

Good Luck,
            RGAZ

• Like Like x 1
            • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
            • RRDon

RRDon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              Thanks RGAZ those are some great ideas. A couple of years ago I did return to the dealership (Sanderson Ford, Glendale, AZ) where I traded it in. Unfortunately, in 1973 computers were not available to general public and businesses. They had no records going back before computers.
              You are certainly correct in that it would take some some serious leg work to try to find out what happened to it and that might be a fun adventure for someone. It could still be in somebody's back yard or garage but finding the Lost Dutchman's Gold mine would probably be easier. ;)

• 68BabyBlue

68BabyBlue FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
              If the stars align right, it could surface with no effort on your part, if the car ends up in the right hands. I got Baby Blue back this way (bought the car in '83, sold it in '91, before computer network). Passed owner history on with car when I sold it, four owners later, the last guy got curious, called owner before me (phone and address same as when I sold the car), he called me, I connected, bought car back in 2013. If the right guy posts the VIN on the lost and found forum, you're home. I was amazed it took four owners after me before somebody got curious enough to start the process. One thing that helped me, was my car never passed through a dealer, so the owner chain of custody was preserved by each future guy who bought the car. Interesting to me that the car went from rags to riches before finding it's way back to me, from being an $1800 used car, to residing in the collection of a big money guy in the heart of NASCAR country before finding its way home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.