• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12 CAR FEATURES YOU HAVE TO BE AT LEAST 40 TO REMEMBER

My friends dad has a 66 GS w a 401 and a 67 GS w a 400. Both are numbers matching survivors. Beautiful cars.
I always liked the GS 400.
What was so cool on the 63 - 65 Rivieras was the door skins were held by acorn nuts. Just unbolt the door skin & remove to work on the window regulators, r & r glass etc.

No one mentioned the swivel seats from the old Chevy's

I always liked the GS 400.
What was so cool on the 63 - 65 Rivieras was the door skins were held by acorn nuts. Just unbolt the door skin & remove to work on the window regulators, r & r glass etc.
After I get a another Coronet, a Buick GS is next on my list. Preferably a 66 or 67 vert

1960 Chrysler.....

2la5xll.jpg

1960 Chrysler.....

2la5xll.jpg

Some of the cars from "the day":) were like leg stretching living rooms on wheels.
And when on a night out at the drive in movies one could get into the back seat as needed without opening the doors.

Steering wheels without a bunch of buttons. Almost every car now has a center console. How about a manual sunroof? T-tops?

Rear view mirror rigidly bolted/screwed in above the windshield.

Steering wheels without a bunch of buttons. Almost every car now has a center console. How about a manual sunroof? T-tops?

That is funny--My Hellcat has all the bells and whistles but still has a button arrangment on the steering wheel that has no function ability.
Maybe if my car was a -cop car- those buttons would be of value.

I remember some mopars with the rear view mirror attached to the dash .... think it was the late 50's

I remember probably the worst invention in automotive history...the plastic seat cover. In the summer time you would literally have to pull yourself like Velcro... and of course who can count the burnt legs and backs...
Also remember when glove boxes had a place to set your soda...and then came the door can holder. I remember cleaning the interior after I slammed the door that had half a can of coke in it...

1967ChevroletBelAir_04_700.jpg images.jpg il_570xN.999977964_h3hu.jpg

Last edited:
We had a 62 Chrysler wagon when I was a kid. Rear view mirror on the dash. Push button tranny shifter. And the turn signal lever protruded from the dash, not the steering column.

Lmao

Shoulder belts, radio preset, dimmer switch in floor, center gas filler and manual windows all on my 300.

No one mentioned the swivel seats from the old Chevy's
Monte Carlo....
Chrysler was before them with that option!

Anyone ever sit in their own back seat and wonder how many people had sex back there?

Auto Transport Service
Back