• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

14,000 mile 1974 D-350 Brush Truck at auction in Sundance Wy. not mine

A friend of mine used cheap 4x4s of any brand to work his trap lines. He broke one but had to work the traps the next day so I went with him to look at a 1960 Ford in the dead of night. Never buy a 4 x 4 in the dead of night. The front half of the frame was mercury with a 390 and the axles were International. The gearing made it pretty much unusable, so he sold it to these guys from Newell... at night. It worked for them because they fed sheep out of it. Once again, he was without a truck, so we went and looked at a 77 Chevy 4 x 4, that night. It ran great got 17 miles to the gallon, (no front driveshaft) but in daylight, you could tell it had been rolled and all the dents pounded out. It was worth too much for trapping so it was sold... at night. Couldn't tell it had been wrecked at night. That was replaced by a 67 international with a broken rear axle. He drove it for a couple years as FWD, and then traded off for an early Trail Duster. (finally a Mopar in this boring story) He really liked that Plymouth and had it a long time, but one day the forest service had a road blocked off and he didn't want to back track. He drove over their berm and tore out the lines. He knew what he did, but drove it anyway before he called me with ruined tranny. Probably drinking and wanting to avoid the law dogs. I rode in it in some pretty tough weather and I was impressed.

The absolute worst vehicle I have ever driven MPG wise was my 76 W200. It had a 400 BB 4 barrel and routinely got 8 mpg. It was horrible on gas (full time 4wd- remember them?)
It was also the best 4wd system I have ever driven. I used it to make extra cash plowing driveways after work. It had enough power to get itself in trouble, it just kept pushing. One night I ran it off a driveway down into a culvert ditch - stuck! I managed to get the plow off and it backed itself out once the plow was off. I hooked a tow chain to the plow and drug it out to the road, hooked it back up and continued on. I am still amazed at how it did that, it would go past anything in a storm except a gas station.
I had a another 79 that was a one ton single wheel club cab with a 360 and Granny 4 speed with 410 gears. That truck also had headers aluminum intake and a 650 DP and had no problem hauling anything that I put on it. It too only got 8 mpg and it didn't matter if it was loaded or not.

I love my Mopar's, but I think I'd rather have this fire truck

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 9.45.01 AM.png

this would be an awesome truck arter resto - CL
akron-canton > cars & trucks - by owner

1971 dodge - $4,000

‹image 1 of 12›
1971 dodge 1

1971 dodge 1 thumbnail
1971 dodge 2 thumbnail
1971 dodge 3 thumbnail
1971 dodge 4 thumbnail
1971 dodge 5 thumbnail
1971 dodge 6 thumbnail
1971 dodge 7 thumbnail
1971 dodge 8 thumbnail
1971 dodge 9 thumbnail
1971 dodge 10 thumbnail
1971 dodge 11 thumbnail
1971 dodge 12 thumbnail

1968 Dodge L600
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 50000
title status: clean
transmission: manual
Selling a cool old truck. A 1971 dodge L 600. Cab over. Has a 318 in it. With a 4 speed It runs and drives around d the yard but has no brakes. It needs restored. Drivers floor is rusted. I have new side glass but still needs windshield. Has a good ohio title. Frame is 115 inches behind the cab to the rear.
3077.png
3077.png
3077.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 7672781949

posted: 9 days ago
updated: 9 days ago

♥ best of [?]

Probably has the 345 in it. A super heavy duty engine with forged everything.
High nickel block, steel crank with large journals, heavy rods, gear driven cam, 2.08 intake valves, stellite exhaust valves, able to run on straight alcohol or propane. If I remember correctly, the 392 has the same bore and stroke as a 383. it's torque monster barking the tires going into second gear with an automatic in a 5000 pound rig

Last edited:
High nickel block, steel crank with large journals, heavy rods, gear driven cam, 2.08 intake valves, stellite exhaust valves, able to run on straight alcohol or propane. If I remember correctly, the 392 has the same bore and stroke as a 383. it's torque monster barking the tires going into second gear with an automatic
I forgot about the 392! Great American engines! :thumbsup:

High nickel block, steel crank with large journals, heavy rods, gear driven cam, 2.08 intake valves, stellite exhaust valves, able to run on straight alcohol or propane. If I remember correctly, the 392 has the same bore and stroke as a 383. it's torque monster barking the tires going into second gear with an automatic in a 5000 pound rig
If the 392 had the same bore and stroke as a 383, it would be....a 383. :) The IH 392 had a 4.125 bore and 3.66 stroke.

If the 392 had the same bore and stroke as a 383, it would be....a 383. :) The IH 392 had a 4.125 bore and 3.66 stroke.
Yup, and the longer International stroke would expose itself when the 392 had a lot of miles and somebody over revs them. With a balanced bottom end, they were pretty impressive (for corn binder)

Auto Transport Service
Back