• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 18 spline trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnypwr

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have an early 66-67 b body 18 spline looking to trade for a later unit....prefer a 70 but 68-70 will do

Hey I heard you met up with the "big guy", he has to have 5 of them transmissions (I know he has at least 4 wrapped in plastic all restored), him and his dad once came up with a 4 speed for a friend of mine with the matching vin number for his car! not exaggerating, lol, he had it for about 5 years and I told him a guy I met had a Blue challenger with 70' charger seats in it, and he said "I have the tranny out of that car", and the guy was looking for a tranny at the time to convert it back to 4speed.

Was he able to help you out or you him? I know hes a big ox but hes as nice a guy as they come.

Nothing yet, he's got some stuff he wants my car...we'll see what happens

Nothing yet, he's got some stuff he wants my car...we'll see what happens
cool, he didn't tell me that, good luck hope you guys come up with something, he just got a really nice 71 cuda, rolling body, all done the guy he bought it off had 2 storage units and do to a paperwork snafu lost the storage unit with all the parts in it. He was paying for one and thought it was for both, and they were contacting his old phone number or something like that.
So they auctioned off his interior, trim parts, glass, wheels, grill, lights, etc. The body is perfect all like brand new California 440 4speed, nicest I ever seen. Don't say I said anything he doesn't tell people about his cars, if you listen to him he has a 77 buick and a 97 crown vic with a rod knock lol.

If he doesn't have what you are looking for or what he has is too good (he tends to have a lot of restored stuff) let me know, I know I have that tail panel, and I do have a trans, came out of a 70 383 RR, but second gear was tough to get in and out of, so I changed the entire tranny, its somewhere at the shop.. But will need rebuild.

Seems like he's got tons of money but wanted to trade parts for the car...I dunno he's got a Dana, I just need to come up with the cash

Seems like he's got tons of money but wanted to trade parts for the car...I dunno he's got a Dana, I just need to come up with the cash
Hes does well, I am staying in his guest suite while construction is being done to my home, lol, really down to earth guy though.
If you gave him a price and he wanted it would be at his shop by now, I think he likes to trade stuff to make room for the stuff hes getting, I don't know where he would put another car, it is overflowing now. Ill bet the weather brakes and if he didn't trade to you by then he will buy it, hes letting you store it for the winter :)

How would that work, he gives you the parts for the car and you give him the car, that doesn't seem well thought out ? Sounds like him though, "Ill give you the dana you need for this super bee, and you give me the super bee..."

I've got a68 satellite convertible too...I'm not real excited about moving the r/t. I would trade it for. 71 e body...but these days I'll prob never be able to buy another 71e just to expensive

You guys talking about the "bag a donuts" lol

Are you paying shipping?

Depends on what ya got

I've got a68 satellite convertible too...I'm not real excited about moving the r/t. I would trade it for. 71 e body...but these days I'll prob never be able to buy another 71e just to expensive
well he just got one, 71 cuda, and he probably has all the parts to finish that car, I know he has tons of trim, but I think for that car a 70 r/t would have to be done, that's gonna be a numbers car for sure, he needs a grill and he traded one (complete) the day before thanksgiving for a pair of coronet fenders and a dual scoop grille, he doesn't admit it but hes kicking himself..

You can probably grab that 70 challenger off of him, that car is a real deal plum crazy 440 r/t 4 speed dana car. Has new 1/4's and stuff they haven't touched it, its sitting in his fathers garage for a while now.

'69 833 18 spline with new retainer bearing but I'm not under the gun.Are you just swapping?

I just want a reasonably priced 18 spline for my '68 GTX. Don't have another to trade (current is a 23).

My car is a 70 this trans was supposed to be big retainer, it's not...figured someone might want the correct unit for their car..

I've got some six pack stuff I might swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back