• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Willys PU in Upton Wy $1,500 not mine

sam dupont

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
Since Jeep is now considered Mopar, here's a solid old truck

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.01.44 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.15.22 AM.png

Last edited:
For Rapid City SD, they look pretty solid, the yellow one more so then the blue...

IF I was 2,000 miles close I may have to look at them :poke:
I had a 53 Willys PU with a transplant 327cid SBC, was a fun truck
cabs are really lil'

I had one years ago on the farm. Picking up hay bales in the field I would just leave it in gear and walk along side of it. Top speed was probably about 45 mph in high gear. "L" head four cylinder.

For Rapid City SD, they look pretty solid, the yellow one more so then the blue...

IF I was 2,000 miles close I may have to look at them :poke:
I had a 53 Willys PU with a transplant 327cid SBC, was a fun truck
cabs are really lil'
They are from Wyoming sage brush country. Very dry, nobody carping for salt on the roads.

Dang, too far away. I wouldn't mind a crack at that one myself!

Here is my 62 CJ6.... Family owned since new. Just turned over 26K miles. Had the top remade from the orginal. It was used for hunting in a cabin in Utah.

Jeep1.jpg

JEEP 2 1.jpg

CJ-6. Precursor to the
Scrambler. Rare and nice
Jeep.:thumbsup:
Yea ... from what I understand they were a hard model to sell to the public. Most were used by industrial farm use or in the forest service. This one was bought new by my wife's dad at a Costa Mesa Willy's dealer.

Neat jeep pickup project.
Old cars / trucks in that area weather pretty well.

I bought a 1957 GMC Napco 4x4 from south east of Upton. It rained on the way home. When I went to clean it out, the pockets making the cab corners were holding water. That truck sat outside and had zero rust holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back