• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Fury front bumper guards / bumperettes

rustytoolss

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
My 62 Fury wagon has bumper guards/ bumperettes on the front bumper. Are these a rare item ?... I have mixed feelings as to weather I like them/ or not.

fury6.jpg

Not sure about the rarity aspect, so someone that's in-the-know should answer about them. But, I don't think you'll see them very often. However...... I like them a lot. They're cool looking !!!

Any more pics of your wagon to share??

Not sure about the rarity aspect, so someone that's in-the-know should answer about them. But, I don't think you'll see them very often. However...... I like them a lot. They're cool looking !!!

Any more pics of your wagon to share??
P1040827.JPG

Thanks for the additional pics. I also saw another one from the LONGROOF SUNDAY event you attended in the past.
But while looking over all the '62 Fury pics shown in Google, I have come to the conclusion that not too many Furys had those bumperettes installed.
Of that observation, I would conclude that not very many of them left the factory that way, and to me that says quite rare.
Maybe I'm wrong in my assessment of this, but I can't be too far off based on the number on vehicles seen with and mostly without this option.
To me, if there is a factory option as part of my car, and it's not very popular or commonly used in production, I conclude it's not going to be seen by many others,
and I'm definitely going to keep it. Being different is what gets a particular vehicle more notice and could possibly raise more questions at times.
But, it will be nice to be able to tell people they are real, and the car was factory delivered that way.

KEEP THOSE PUPPIES RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE !!! You'll be glad you did. Besides, they belong there.

Of course it's ultimately your choice, but I believe others will agree with the cool factor, and the "keep 'em" thoughts.

Rustytoolss ..... did you ever decide to keep them or not?

Had them on my '63, although stock, I didn't like the look of them...something overly granny; but just MO. When I put them up for sale had no problem selling though. Had those on my '73 Challenger and took those off.

Had them on my '63, although stock, I didn't like the look of them...something overly granny; but just MO. When I put them up for sale had no problem selling though. Had those on my '73 Challenger and took those off.
My views are somewhat like yours ( Granny looking ), but then again they were an option back in the day...think the bumpers look cleaner witout them.

My views are somewhat like yours ( Granny looking ), but then again they were an option back in the day...think the bumpers look cleaner witout them.
Sold quick on ebay so some prefer them...and yes being a factory item for the pure look. Think I should have hung onto those...

Keep them on the car. You'll be glad you did when the conversation turns to them. You'll have one of the few sets still available to be seen in person. They are great looking!!

Keep them on the car. You'll be glad you did when the conversation turns to them. You'll have one of the few sets still available to be seen in person. They are great looking!!
I think the bumpers look clearer without them....But I guess they are a rare option, and came with the car. I'm sure I will be leaving them on. Thanks

But I guess they are a rare option, and came with the car. I'm sure I will be leaving them on.
Good decision!! If you really don't want to use them, I'm sure someone would be more than happy to scoop them up from you....probably rather quickly.

Auto Transport Service
Back