• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Paint colour "BUFF" query

Jason Maitland

Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a 62 Dart, that wears it's original paint in "Buff" hue/colour and since I obviously can't see the car in person (I'm in Oz!), I was just seeking some feedback, as in some certain light, it almost seems very light pink... Is this the case, or is it just the light making it seem that way?
In most pics it just looks off/beige tinted white, but some of the pics seem a little suspect! ( I definitely don't want a pink car!)
I would very much like to see other examples if anyone else has a vehicle painted that same colour?

Thanks Jason

E
I am guessing this color. (I just found this on the internet)

33K Miles! 1962 Dodge Dart 440
Wow that's amazing, exact same colour combinations of vehicle I am looking at... Albeit this one has the upgraded steering wheel I believe you would be correct regarding paint colour and think I should be safe... Not really pink as such, hopefully

Lighting eg: flouresent. Has mulitiple different lighting shades. You never get a true color from that lighting.

Mercury Vapors die out they were thought to be a good lighting source but again not accurate.

City street lights will alter a color.

The car your looking at is. In one of those environments. Look at the car out side to get a true contrast. . .

Lighting eg: flouresent. Has mulitiple different lighting shades. You never get a true color from that lighting.

Mercury Vapors die out they were thought to be a good lighting source but again not accurate.

City street lights will alter a color.

The car your looking at is. In one of those environments. Look at the car out side to get a true contrast. . .
Yeah, when I was a kid, we had a metallic blue Chrysler. At night in the KMart parking lot under those lights, it looked completely purple!

I am guessing this color. (I just found this on the internet)

33K Miles! 1962 Dodge Dart 440

That's Shell Beige.

Screenshot_20230328_130854_Chrome.jpg

1962_Dodge.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back