• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Plymouth Savoy Questions

CoronetRTguy

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
I found a 1962 Plymouth Savoy and wanted to know what if any parts for these cars are being reproduced?

The add for the car says it needs floors replaced but comes with new floor pans (not sure if this is from a donor car or reproduction metal).

I can't tell if the car is a column shift car or a floor shift car. I think the push button automatic is located on the right side of the dash.

I'm not to familiar with these cars and years and thought if not much is missing would make a great Max wedge clone car or just a great hot rod.

Thanks for any info you can give and what problems and problem areas I should be looking for.

I found a 1962 Plymouth Savoy and wanted to know what if any parts for these cars are being reproduced?

The add for the car says it needs floors replaced but comes with new floor pans (not sure if this is from a donor car or reproduction metal).

I can't tell if the car is a column shift car or a floor shift car. I think the push button automatic is located on the right side of the dash.

I'm not to familiar with these cars and years and thought if not much is missing would make a great Max wedge clone car or just a great hot rod.

Thanks for any info you can give and what problems and problem areas I should be looking for.

Floor pans are the same 62/65 depending on how particular you are.The 62 pan has a minor configuration difference at the tunnel but most would never know and really doesn't matter.As for the push buttons,transmission buttons on left side of the cluster,heater controls on the right.

Attachments

• Picture 150.jpg
    Picture 150.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 442
  • P9130524.jpg
    P9130524.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 455
Here is a site that offers body aparts for the 62-65 b-body. Looks like AMD reproduces body parts for the 62-65

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=0002

Thank you for that link, looks like there is a lot more stuff than I thought out there for these early cars. That is really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Floor pans are the same 62/65 depending on how particular you are.The 62 pan has a minor configuration difference at the tunnel but most would never know and really doesn't matter.As for the push buttons,transmission buttons on left side of the cluster,heater controls on the right.

Thank you for that info too. The small differences wouldn't matter to me. It says it comes with new floor pans so I'm not sure if they are new or used cut out of a car. I'm waiting to hear back from the owner. They also have a 64 Fury two door.

there a hard car to restore as there is VERY LITTLE repoed for this car, believe me I know!

Attachments

• IMGP3034.jpg
    IMGP3034.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 410
there a hard car to restore as there is VERY LITTLE repoed for this car, believe me I know!

I'm waiting to hear back on what is missing from the car but from what I can tell there is everything there but the steering wheel. Also the only rust issue stated so far is the floor pans.

Great looking car you have!

The cowls on these cars have been known to rust as well. Kind of hard to check because it is usually behind the heater box where the problem occurs. If you do end up with the car there are a few site resources and of course your friends here.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I have just tied up another project myself. :BangHead: I needed it like I need a hole in the head, but, you know how it goes! It's mostly complete and came with a parts car.

$_20 (1).JPG

$_20 (2)2.JPG

Oh ya....Canadian car, so Dodge dash!

$_20 (2)4.JPG

Last edited:
A little push:eusa_think: from Sonny...I love this car..please restore your project!:icon_confused:
I could see myself in this Classic!!!this is a REAL classic!

good luck getting fenders, quarters, doors, and so on,floor pans are not a problem as the are close enough for the 63's-65's, chrome trim for a Savoy is non-existent in good shape ,hope you don't need a rear window.....they don't make em! I've seen on ebay outer trim rims for the head lights for $1300.00 DOH! inners are cheap! door panels....SMS in Oregon, don't get me started.. but there the only funeral home that has the door panel heat sealer and cloth for 62's PITA!
I would love to do or have a wagon but not enough time or parts around to do it.
Good luck with your project.

A little push:eusa_think: from Sonny...I love this car..please restore your project!:icon_confused:
I could see myself in this Classic!!!this is a REAL classic!
how could anyone ever say 62 savoy"s are are ugly? this car is fantastic!

Well I have not heard back from the guy in an email. I gave another member the number who is looking for one of these cars to restore.

I had an extended stay in the hospital so I'm going to have a bill of 20% of my stay coming soon. So I had to let this car go for now and if the other member gets I sure hope it looks as good as it does in the pictures.

I did find a 65 Plymouth Wagon that has been for sale for a year or more now. No title to it but can be had for around 100-200 bucks. Needs front pant on drivers side and rear pan work. It would be a great hot rod.

I also just found a 65 Coronet 440 that I sent an email off to the guy. Needs rear quarter panel on one side replaced or re-worked. He has a panel for it. The asking price is also in my range and I might be able to work out this deal with a looming hospital bill coming.

It sucks it seems like when I get ready to get back into the car world I get sick. I sold my one of one 70 Coronet R/T after having a stroke and not being able to finish it. It is in a collectors hand and I'm told it will be restored and he is close to home too so I will get to see it.

Stay tuned I'm still fighting to get a project or a running car. I really want to get something and start making some new memories with my dad. This last stint in the hospital was a bad. If I had not gone in when I did I would not be here now talking with you guys.

Stay tuned friends I will get into a project or a driver I hope soon!

Get yourself well first. You'll find the one thats ment to be yours when the time is right. Take care!

No need to restore, just add power.
Doug

Attachments

• 7396272-2012-08-19_17-07-49_66(1280x722).jpg
    7396272-2012-08-19_17-07-49_66(1280x722).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 256
  • P1010889.jpg
    P1010889.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 280
Get yourself well first. You'll find the one thats ment to be yours when the time is right. Take care!

Thanks and working on doing just that. I did call today about the Savoy just waiting now for the owner to call me back he was out of the office. It has been a crazy ride the last 11 years with my health and I would like to get back to some kind of normal.

No need to restore, just add power.
Doug

I like your idea and I love that car! I was thinking if all it needed it was the floor pans replaced I would weld those in and drop a motor in it and drive the car. I might even spray clear over it to kind of protect what is there now until I'm ready for paint.

That is a great looking Savoy!

Just talked with the guy tonight with the 62 Savoy and man I'm scrambling around the house to see what I can sell lol.

He has a 413 and a few 440's to sell with it. I'm not sure I would buy a 413 motor it is a 62 413 though. I'm just not sure about the aftermarket with parts for the motor. I know it is there for the 440.

Well back to thinking and seeing what I can do. I still need to call the guy on the 65 Coronet.

Auto Transport Service
Back