• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Savoy door and quarter glass channel rubber

RV2

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to see if the rubber that the door glass and quarter glass rides in is available?
This is for a 62 Savoy 2 door sedan.

I could not find it for my '62 hardtop, even after ordering from a few sources that had the correct measurements.
Ended up cutting out the 'fuzzy' sides from a new set and using super glue, slowly glued them to the sides of the original channels.
Cut strips of felt for the bottom of the U channel and super glued.
With the hardtop, at least the front and rear door channels are removable to do the work.

The 'fuzzies' for the door/door panel are available, of course I incorrectly traded for the sedan set first, then had to buy the correct hardtop set. For some reason, the sedan set came with the staples to attach, and the hardtop set came with screws - screws?
Used the staples from the sedan set.

I'm looking to see if the rubber that the door glass and quarter glass rides in is available?
This is for a 62 Savoy 2 door sedan.
If you are talking about the fuzzy stuff in the tracks.. i used the soft side of velcro and weatherstrip adhesive.. worked perfectly.. trimmed with a razor when done..
Look at this post.. it's what i used to do mine also.. 1 thing. make sure you have something that will hold the velcro in very tight while drying.. If you don't have the velcro tight in the channel it will make the window hard or impossible to roll up (one of mine is too tight)

I just did my '63 Sedan, in the last year. I got all the gaskets from Cindy, at Kramers, or Joe Suchey. Everything worked well, and looks pretty decent, for an amateur installing it...

Auto Transport Service
Back