• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 330 H/C Aluminum FE Newb

I'm not sure if your car has the ash tray located in the rear of the Driver's half of the bench, but that's where I found 1 of the 2 sheets in my '63...
Thanks VANDAN - there is an ashtray there - I’ll have to take a look.

Bill finally sold the car??
He did. I’m sure it wasn't an easy decision - if you know him you know what a great guy he is and the passion he has for these cars. Very grateful he allowed us to be the next caretakers.

He's been talking about a little house cleaning for a while & he's owned that car for a long time.

He's been talking about a little house cleaning for a while & he's owned that car for a long time.
I think he got it around early 1998 out of West Virginia. Had it out a few times when he first got it and a few more over the remaining years. Said he gave up 3 cars at the time to get this one. Great guy and is a wealth of knowledge of the good old days.

Very nice ride

welcome to FBBO

The broadcast sheet appears to be long gone which is a bummer but we contacted Danielle at the historical society to get the IBM card to try and track down the selling dealer and hopefully shed some light on its early years. The selling dealer code is 53793 but we can not find the corresponding name.

Wish there was documentation somewhere with the dealer code numbers. Since the Historical Society hasn't been including this information lately, everyone is wanting this info.

You can see when this thread was started and then see the newer post with people not getting all the info anymore. It's still great that they will do the punch card copies for you.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...er-historical-services-up-and-running.123776/

You have one special 1963 there :thumbsup:

Very nice ride

welcome to FBBO

Thanks!

call darrel davis he should be able to help you with the dealers name good luck

I spoke to him during the purchase process. Great guy - very giving of his time. He was not able to confirm the dealer code. We also reached out to a retired factory rep and he was not able to find it either. Hopefully the IBM card sheds some light on it - if not, it may be a dead end. The hope was that would help reveal the cars early days.

Wish there was documentation somewhere with the dealer code numbers. Since the Historical Society hasn't been including this information lately, everyone is wanting this info.

You can see when this thread was started and then see the newer post with people not getting all the info anymore. It's still great that they will do the punch card copies for you.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...er-historical-services-up-and-running.123776/

You have one special 1963 there :thumbsup:

Thank! I agree - I wish there were better records and easier accessibility but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have a request in to Danielle for the IBM card. Hopefully that info is in there. With the broadcast sheet missing I’m not sure what the next step would be.

after fca took over they dont do it the same when mopar did it now all you get is a ibm card i use to work for mopar but cant get in to the system any more had a old boss help me but he is no longer there either wish i could help and its going to worse with another merger with another company good luck

Thank! I agree - I wish there were better records and easier accessibility but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have a request in to Danielle for the IBM card. Hopefully that info is in there. With the broadcast sheet missing I’m not sure what the next step would be.

Lately Danielle won't include the dealer, sometimes she does. Put in a special request to her to do this for you.

Did you check over the cardboard glove box for a card. It's a place that gets overlooked and they have been found stapled to it on occasion.

after fca took over they dont do it the same when mopar did it now all you get is a ibm card i use to work for mopar but cant get in to the system any more had a old boss help me but he is no longer there either wish i could help and its going to worse with another merger with another company good luck

Thanks! - my family owned a Dodge dealership for years. We reached out to a few old contacts and no luck either. I’ll let you know what the card has when it arrives.

Lately Danielle won't include the dealer, sometimes she does. Put in a special request to her to do this for you.

Did you check over the cardboard glove box for a card. It's a place that gets overlooked and they have been found stapled to it on occasion.

Thanks for the suggestion! - I updated the request - we’ll see if she is able to do it. The car was stripped pretty good of anything that didn't make it go fast - it may have been there at one time - now all you get when you open the glovebox is a good look at the backside of the firewall..lol! It may still be hidden in there somewhere. I haven’t checked under the front seats yet but I haven’t heard of any ever being found there.

So in the search to track the original history of the car down I checked the selling dealer code against the others listed in Darrell Davis’s book and one other car matched. Ran that vin and as luck would have it was recently sold at Mecum. Unfortunately it didn't answer the question but it was interesting to see it is pretty much a twin to ours and even more interesting was these two were built a couple months apart. Any chance anyone knows this car?
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269777/1963-dodge-330-max-wedge/

Last edited:
So in the search to track the original history of the car down I checked the selling dealer code against the others listed in Darrell Davis’s book and one other car matched. Ran that vin and as luck would have it was recently sold at Mecum. Unfortunately it didn't answer the question but it was interesting to see it is pretty much a twin to ours and even more interesting was these two left the factory about a week apart. Any chance anyone knows this car?
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269777/1963-dodge-330-max-wedge/

I bet the guy that restored the car does ;)

Welcome from the show me state, and man did you show me!!! Very nice find!! Well done!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back