• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Dodge floor

Mikes Mopar

Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Floor.jpg

This is the floor I have to deal with. Glued and screwed on edges. No welds in the torsion bar or subframes. Can this be made to work? Cant get floor pans for the 63, any other year of B body work. Not worried about originality.

This is the floor I have to deal with. Glued and screwed on edges. No welds in the torsion bar or subframes. Can this be made to work? Cant get floor pans for the 63, any other year of B body work. Not worried about originality.
'62-'65 B-body front floors all the same. Get a hold of Jim Kramer. Without any embossments, that floor does not have much strength.

Seems like everyone is out of stock for the good replacement floors for the early Bs.

I believe the '62-'65 pans work.
Like Dave said, get in touch with Jim K, or Joe Suchy. They may have one around ?
0225221725.jpg
0225221725a.jpg

Thanks for the update, note made!

twenty years ago i ordered panels for a 65 plymouth from sherman at that time very little to choose from and it seems not much has changed anyway to this day car is still untouched. i was sick when panels arrived they were pounded out by hand not stamped . to this day i have never seen a worse mess called panels than those pieces from sherman.

I was just over to the www.autobodyspecialties.com and they do list the front
floorpans L & R @ 149.00 ea. They also have the under front seat pans too, L & R. You
should call to confirm that they have them in stock. Do not know about their quality.
Can't remember the price on those. Just a FYI... we have a 63 B body car here, that
has a decent floor in it, that we hope to get out before the Carlisle 2022 show. But I
am not sure if I will make it. Good luck in finding the panels you need.

I believe the '62-'65 pans work.
Like Dave said, get in touch with Jim K, or Joe Suchy. They may have one around ?
View attachment 1277030 View attachment 1277031
I don't know if you could get enough strength with what you have there Mike.
Frame connectors with cross bars maybe, but, well...
I purchased a full floor from Kramer a few months back for one of my 64's. I was told by Jim's wife that they had purchased all the remaining stock from AMD that fit early B's. I also found out that it was Jim who worked with the original stamping co. to have these floors (and the other early body parts) made for AMD. When AMD ran out of the floors, they were not interested in doing another run of floors or ANY early B parts, which is why all the early B items in AMDs cat. are discontinued. I contacted AMD myself, and they told me that there was "not enough interest" in early B stuff, and "we will not be doing any more, because the parts just sat on our shelves" Jim, being a good guy, had a limited run of 100 or so floors done, but I don't know if any are left. I think he would be the best to try because besides the extra floors he had made, he has all of AMDs remaining stock for early B's if you need something else. He also might do another limited run of floors.(?) As stated by others, Joe Suchy is also a GREAT guy to deal with for early B items. He may have partial floor pieces.
Looking at your photos Mike, I think that you might want to go with the full floor if you can, as it has the trans tunnel. The install also might be easier. I live just down the road from you, and if your interested it cost me about $2000 CND to have my floor dropped to my front door. That included the floor, shipping, exchange rate and the taxes and duty.
Best of luck with your car!

Last edited:
The top label is for a rear pan, although the picture shows the full front floor pan. The label was for rear '62-'65 Plymouth b-body floor. Know that the '63-'64 Dodge floors are different because of 3" longer wheelbase. This is where it shows up.
I posted the label to show the pans fit '62-'65. I wasn't about to wrestle with the main pan for a picture. I bought all 3 pans for my '65, years ago on a sale with Free Shipping. Just waiting to hear the starting gun, for my '65 project...

There is a complete set of AMD floor pans for sale on Moparts.com under 70-down B-body parts for sale.

Somebody on the site had a complete set of front and rear floors for sale a couple of days ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back