• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Dodge floor

AMD stop making the 62-5 pans. I've been out of original pans for a while now
The rear foot well pan is different for the longer 63-64 Dodges. All the other pans are the same for 62-65 as are the frames.

I heard that Jim Kramer bought the floor pan tooling from AMD. Can anyone confirm? I know they did the early B-body trunk drop-off panels for AMD.

If, and when I get to my '65, I'll have my originals, which need repair, but better than nothing, up for grabs. Not sure if they'll let you take scrap metal back across the Border ?

I don't know if you could get enough strength with what you have there Mike.
Frame connectors with cross bars maybe, but, well...
I purchased a full floor from Kramer a few months back for one of my 64's. I was told by Jim's wife that they had purchased all the remaining stock from AMD that fit early B's. I also found out that it was Jim who worked with the original stamping co. to have these floors (and the other early body parts) made for AMD. When AMD ran out of the floors, they were not interested in doing another run of floors or ANY early B parts, which is why all the early B items in AMDs cat. are discontinued. I contacted AMD myself, and they told me that there was "not enough interest" in early B stuff, and "we will not be doing any more, because the parts just sat on our shelves" Jim, being a good guy, had a limited run of 100 or so floors done, but I don't know if any are left. I think he would be the best to try because besides the extra floors he had made, he has all of AMDs remaining stock for early B's if you need something else. He also might do another limited run of floors.(?) As stated by others, Joe Suchy is also a GREAT guy to deal with for early B items. He may have partial floor pieces.
Looking at your photos Mike, I think that you might want to go with the full floor if you can, as it has the trans tunnel. The install also might be easier. I live just down the road from you, and if your interested it cost me about $2000 CND to have my floor dropped to my front door. That included the floor, shipping, exchange rate and the taxes and duty.
Best of luck with your car!

I guess no one reads my stuff, LOL!:lol: Info above about Jim Kramer and floor pan tooling I left over a week ago. I didn't ask Jim's wife if they "own" the tooling, but they do seem to have access to it. Perhaps he may be able to re-release some of the other hard to find AMD early B parts. I had to get a friend in Germany (?!) to send me an AMD lower dog leg after I bought the last one Jim had.

Last edited:
wow...man has the price on these shot through the roof....2000 Canadian for cost to deliver....glad I have my set here at the house, be icing on the cake should I need to sell one of the cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back