• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Fury 2dr

Uncle Meat

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
After years of wanting a '63, I finally found one.
I drove to Oklahoma City yesterday to pick up the Fury.
The thermometer said 107-108 most of the way down and back.
Here's a few pics of the days events.

Here's the owner saying goodbye, making gentle contact.
He really loved the car. He owned it for over 30yrs.
_G4M1677.jpg

Really hot about now. Thought I'd stop for a drink and check the straps.
_G4M1693.jpg

Plans are for dropping in a 440. It has a newer 318 in it currently.
Haven't found any rust yet. The car has spent it's life in the California desert but has been in Okla for the last 10yrs.
More pics to come

That's a great looking 63! Congrats on getting it.

Looking good. Hard to give up something you owned for 30 years.

Looking good. Hard to give up something you owned for 30 years.
Yes, it's hard.
He asked that I keep him updated on the progress which i'll gladly do.
I thought I saw some wet eyes when I pulled away.

On another note, I really need a front valance. Any leads?

Cool find! Congratulations!

As for the valance, there's a gentleman that owns a machine shop on the Southeast side of Wellington KS that does Mopar stuff and has a lot of early B body parts cars in his mini salvage. Paul is his name, can't recall the last name...

I believe this is his contact info:

Wellington Auto
2001 E 20th St S
Wellington, KS 67152

(620) 326-8022

nice find .. gotta love 63's ..yeah keep this guy updated ..you'll enjoy it as much as he does :icon_thumright:

63's are so nice. it was a great find.
I can almost hear the rumble of that 440.

Nice car. Email Steve at [email protected]
He is in Ar. Nice guy. He has some older mopars for parts.
Good luck on your project.

Thanks for the kind words!
Please keep the valance leads coming.

63 Fury

Looks like you made a great purchase of a solid car. I'm building a 63 Fury Convertible and I'm 5 years into the project. Money and the lack of key parts (driver door/quarter patch panels) have held me up. Looks like you won't need to replace body parts. I will be glad to share my knowledge of what's available aftermarket for that car. You need to know Joe Suchy if you plan to restore it.

Rick

Looks like you made a great purchase of a solid car. I'm building a 63 Fury Convertible and I'm 5 years into the project. Money and the lack of key parts (driver door/quarter patch panels) have held me up. Looks like you won't need to replace body parts. I will be glad to share my knowledge of what's available aftermarket for that car. You need to know Joe Suchy if you plan to restore it.

Rick
Thanks for the support, Rick.
And good luck on finding the panels.
If I locate a doner car, I'll let you know.

Rick

I have got 2 doors from a 63 Belvedere 2-door hardtop;
I am located in The Netherlands, Europe, though..

Best regards, Marcel

Wow you got a beauty ! She looks real nice. I cant help you with the valance but I have a perfect hood if you would need one. Here is a shot of me smiling while driving my 63 as thats what makes me smile driving my 63 ! Ron

coollowes.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pic Ron.
That's one of the nicest '63's I've seen. It makes me smile too.
Mine is a far cry from that but I enjoy seeing finished cars.
It helps me visualize my goal.

Congrats! Nice car (and nice truck, too)!

Auto Transport Service
Back