• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 PLYMOUTH 4 SPEED DASH PICTURE

And before the BW was some French built four speed that Chrysler use if I remember.
I have 2 63 Plymouth Belvedere manual trans gauge clusters but they aren't in great shape.
One someone cut to put aftermarket gauges in where the blank non push buttons was.
The other the heater buttons were blocked off and has chips in the plastic.

Not true. In 62 and 63 youcould get a 4-speed transmission but it was a T-10 transmission manufactured by Borg-Warner and not New Process Gear (Mopar).

Edited, by the time that I posted this I see that this was addressed minutes before I poste.

No code listed for 1962. 1962 doesn't even list a 3 speed floor shift, just the column. 1963 lists the 4 speed T10 floor shift. 3 speed column or floor.

I did read an article years ago about the T10 being used in 1963. Very rare to see one. The A833 was a hit in 1964.

Original unrestored 62 ordered with the Borg-Warner T-85 three-speed floor shift.

mopp_0203_04_z-1962_dodge_dart-interior.jpg

And before the BW was some French built four speed that Chrysler use if I remember.
I have 2 63 Plymouth Belvedere manual trans gauge clusters but they aren't in great shape.
One someone cut to put aftermarket gauges in where the blank non push buttons was.
The other the heater buttons were blocked off and has chips in the plastic.
How much for the cut one?

My 63 Fury vert had 3 on the tree. Delivered to Izzo Chrysler Plymouth, Mechanicville NY, December 62. AFAIK you could not order a 4 speed. Needless to say, the top was down on Christmas day...

Did you paint the bezel? I have 2 for my 63, both badly faded to cream-tan color.

You'll need one like topside's. Three speed standard transmission. Three on the column, maybe three on the floor was available. No four speeds until 1964.
Your wrong on that, 63 had a 4 spd available the last few months of production. They're a T10 rare set up, my totally original 63 sport fury golden commando has it. New for 64 they went to the A833.

TKO, TKX is there a difference? I don't follow along with the latest and greatest stuff. Just a 5 speed what ever it's called. Seems like a saw a complete kit with everything needed from a trans vendor, not concerned with the alphabets plus it's a very seldom used street car. But most importantly I probably WON'T have the money to do the swap anyway.

The TKX utilies a newly designed case which gives a more rounded appearance compared to the older blocky case used in the TKO family. I believe they made a couple internal improvements but the biggest difference is the case... the more rounded case was designed to make it fit a bit easier for the retro-fit swaps that they are used for.

Your wrong on that, 63 had a 4 spd available the last few months of production. They're a T10 rare set up, my totally original 63 sport fury golden commando has it. New for 64 they went to the A833.
No code listed for 1962. 1962 doesn't even list a 3 speed floor shift, just the column. 1963 lists the 4 speed T10 floor shift. 3 speed column or floor.

I did read an article years ago about the T10 being used in 1963. Very rare to see one. The A833 was a hit in 1964.

I covered this :)

Sounds like a nice wagon!

Auto Transport Service
Back