• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 dodge 2 door conversion

Looking great!! just got February issue today of Mopar Muscle Mag, They did a write up on a 64 Dodge! Thought you may want to know if you don't get them in the mail..

I didn't get any work done on the car this week but I bought some front turn signal lenses off ebay and bought the material to recover the seats. Then today I got the front widow channel welded and got the 1/4 skin tacked, welded, ground down, and glassed in. It looks like it's fairly straight, but we will see as soon as I start block sanding it.

Attachments

• c55.JPG
    c55.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 831
  • c56.JPG
    c56.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 815
  • c57.JPG
    c57.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 881
  • c63.JPG
    c63.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 815
  • c58.JPG
    c58.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 833
  • c64.JPG
    c64.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 810
  • c62.JPG
    c62.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 802
  • c61.JPG
    c61.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 869
  • c60.JPG
    c60.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 803
  • c59.JPG
    c59.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 803
  • c67.JPG
    c67.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 838
  • c66.JPG
    c66.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 835
  • c65.JPG
    c65.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 831
I know it's a weekend day and I should have gotten some time in on the dodge. But, I had a small side job to do today. and honestly I needed a day off, I know I'm young but I can't work all the time. Also I managed to get a sun burn on my face tacking in the 1/4 skin. Should have worn the hood, but It's so much easier to just close your eyes and tack then flipping the helmet up and down a hundred times. Don't look so bad in the pic but my face is more red in person, and stings quite a bit. lol.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 737
4-dr to 2-dr

Brandon

Very nice work,I will be doing the same thing on a 64 Plymouth Belvedere.
The parts car you are using was a hdtp?The reason I ask how are going to handle the glass and door panels? I have found out there are a lot of variables
the front door panels [2-dr sdn ] are all the same from 63-65 [the steel part at the top of the door panels]. The rear panels are of different length[steel part] because the wheelbases are different Dodge 119" 63-64 Dodge 117" 65 and all Plymouths are 116".All sdn door and quarter glass is all the same front and rear no matter if it is Dodge or Plymouth. I am not sure of the availability of these parts are for you but hope the info will help you.I can possibly help you with some of the parts if you don't have them.

Thanks Jeff

ditto

I know it's a weekend day and I should have gotten some time in on the dodge. But, I had a small side job to do today. and honestly I needed a day off, I know I'm young but I can't work all the time. Also I managed to get a sun burn on my face tacking in the 1/4 skin. Should have worn the hood, but It's so much easier to just close your eyes and tack then flipping the helmet up and down a hundred times. Don't look so bad in the pic but my face is more red in person, and stings quite a bit. lol.

glad iam not the only one thats happend to. i too am feeling the burn :icon_eyes:

Brandon

Very nice work,I will be doing the same thing on a 64 Plymouth Belvedere.
The parts car you are using was a hdtp?The reason I ask how are going to handle the glass and door panels? I have found out there are a lot of variables
the front door panels [2-dr sdn ] are all the same from 63-65 [the steel part at the top of the door panels]. The rear panels are of different length[steel part] because the wheelbases are different Dodge 119" 63-64 Dodge 117" 65 and all Plymouths are 116".All sdn door and quarter glass is all the same front and rear no matter if it is Dodge or Plymouth. I am not sure of the availability of these parts are for you but hope the info will help you.I can possibly help you with some of the parts if you don't have them.

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff, the parts car I used was a hdtp. I used the door glass from the hard top car and I was going to try and cut the 1/4 glass out of the rear door glass and bolt it to the hdtp window track, but I'm not sure that's all going to work out but it sounds good in theory. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the panels yet, I hadn't really thought about it. But I will be crossing that bridge soon. I'll let you know if I need help tracking down some parts.

WOW!!! thats is some very impressive work Brandon! hats off to ya. I too will be folowing your efforts.

I got a little work done on it today. I got most of the welds ground down, and welded up the holes in the belt line of the door where the hdtp trim piece went. I got the fiberglass sanded down with 40 grit and there were some high spots that required some additional grinding. I sanded most of the door down as well, it had a bunch of dings and dents that I straightened out and a few pin hole rust spots I welded up. I've got a coat of filler on it and the blocking begins tomorrow. I hope to have it blocked down and in primer by the end of tomorrow.

money spent = -$60

time spent = 55 hours

Attachments

• c68.JPG
    c68.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 724
  • c69.JPG
    c69.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 712
  • c70.JPG
    c70.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 739
I hate block sanding!! I blocked it with 40, then blocked with 80, then blocked it with 180. There's only a few more low spots left, It should be ready for primer tomorrow. It's looking pretty good. I can't wait to see it in primer.

money spent = -$60

time spent = 62 hours

Attachments

• c72.JPG
    c72.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 675
  • c71.JPG
    c71.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 703
I got home and fired up the compressor and went up stairs until it built up, and it kept running and running and running and running, I went down stairs and it only built up 20 PSI. So, tonight my time was spent digging into the damn compressor instead of working on the dodge.:BangHead:

62 hours is money my friend! Glad you're keeping track of just how much time it really does take to do these sorts of things...

62 hours is money my friend! Glad you're keeping track of just how much time it really does take to do these sorts of things...

Time well spent if I do say so. and keep in mind 25 of those hours were spent cutting necessary pieces and stripping the too far gone 2 door hdtp. I'm not trying to make money on this car, it is my hobby. I do restore cars as a living but this is different, When I feel like working on the car, I do, and when I feel like stopping, I do, It's fun for me. And, the other side should take much less time now that I have things figured out, most time was spent thinking and measuring and fitting and thinking again and measuring again and fitting again, and so on. I started the money and time thing for my own records and for other people to see just what it takes. I have to keep track of time spent on cars at work and it's quite an eye opener how long stuff really takes when you do it the right way.

Attachments

• scrap.JPG
    scrap.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 686
  • scrap2.JPG
    scrap2.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 686
  • scrap3.JPG
    scrap3.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 683
"I started the money and time thing for my own records and for other people to see just what it takes.

Ive always done it on my cars to, I started because of i wanted to know exactly what i had into my cars, this just my cars, but i would get sick to death when someone would come in and see what you just got and the first thing they start with is: "wow, This should only take you what, 3 maybe 4 weeks to do?" May be silly to some but it erks me to death to hear those words. Im no pro, but time and money doesn't know pro from shade tree car projects.

Auto Transport Service
Back