• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 dodge polara 500

fonzy

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello folks my name is Darren, I just inherited a 1964 Dodge Polara with a 400. All parts are there and in decent shape but hasn't been started in years. My first job is to replace all hoses, belts, wires, fluids, brakes and tires and get it road ready. Problem is, as you all know, this is an expensive hobby. I don't have a lot of money and want to turn this beast into a monster. I have no desire to restore to showroom floor. I intend on putting a role cage in it, and making it as fast as I possibly can. As I said I do not have a ton of money so I'm not buying a 528 hemi (yet), and just would like some input as to which heads, cam, gears etc. I should purchase so I can maximize my power. ty

2 thumbs up to the Fonz... Sit on it Potsy...LOL

sounds like a nice project, good luck with the build
make sure to post over in the
racers hangout & the Resto-Mod & Pro Touring forum sections too

welcome to FBBO from Hot, Dry & now smoky NorCal sierra's

buy books read every thing you can get your hands on. have a plan. do one thing at a time. brakes first.

Welcome to FBBO
/
This forum is just for welcoming new members

I recommend you also start a thread in the "members projects and restorations" forum to show of your car/and or seek assistance in the tech forums

Welcome to Mopar University. This is a great place with great folks to support everything Mopar.

You ou can get to the forums mentioned above by going to the "Forum" link on the top left of this page and all the forums will come up. Them you just locate the one that most suits your needs.

Hope to to see you around the site.

Sweet car!
I am currently restoring a 63 Polara but I'd prefer a 64 Polara!

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!
PS: WE LOVE PICS....

Auto Transport Service
Back