• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Polara front speaker size?

I'll try to pull the plate out this weekend and snap a picture of it. I'll be in the dash anyway messing with my gauge cluster swap.

Here's mine when I pulled out the dash.
20160919_142855.jpg

Here is my plate with tweeters installed and the original speaker beside it. It measures 7.5 by 8.75 inches.

IMG_20200411_141936798.jpg IMG_20200411_141924744.jpg IMG_20200411_141911539.jpg

Thank you Mr. D318! Looks like you and Glenwood have the same OEM speakers still in your dash.

Hello Moparsteve. Thanks for the offer but I'm likely going to upgrade the sound over what the OEM speaker could do.

So after I took these pictures for you I reinstalled the speaker plate in my dash. After I got it installed I realized you can see that ugly brown hardboard from outside the car. I'm going to pull it again and cover it in black speaker cloth I think.

Also whoever designed the speaker setup in these cars picked a horrible spot for it. I had the gauge cluster out and I've removed the old rotted glove box sleeve and its still a complete pain to remove and install the speaker. My car has factory ac though, and that makes it more difficult I'm sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back