• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Max Wedge polara 500 with Try Y's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ossietim

Banned
Banned
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller

Attachments

• 1964 Max.jpg
    1964 Max.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,669
Hey Tim

Beautiful, and rare as rocking horse **** too. What are a set of those babies worth today???

Aren't they reproduced the cast iron exhaust manifolds.

Wow, wish I had an extra $175k laying around....... That's friggen awesome!!

They do repro. the max wedge manifolds!Not the tri ys.I've only seen three an old ad and these pictured,and one set in person at a mopar show many years ago!

That guy has a lot of rare mopar parts. I see him at Carlisle,PA every year with stuff for sale. I think his car "the car for sale" was inside the buliding on display 2 years ago. That car was built with the factory indention on the passenger side inner fender for use with the tri y factory headers. As best I remember he bought that set of manifolds off of ebay back 2-3 years a go. I believe they brought around $12,000. They are super super rare , as I don't think a production car was ever built with them. They made everything to do it, but scrapped the idea. You can see the tri y headers on an old magizine cover called the orange monster. Here is alittle info on the car for sale form the 62-65 site. http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/macdonalda64.html
This is a great car! Matt

That guy has a lot of rare mopar parts. I see him at Carlisle,PA every year with stuff for sale. I think his car "the car for sale" was inside the buliding on display 2 years ago. That car was built with the factory indention on the passenger side inner fender for use with the tri y factory headers. As best I remember he bought that set of manifolds off of ebay back 2-3 years a go. I believe they brought around $12,000. They are super super rare , as I don't think a production car was ever built with them. They made everything to do it, but scrapped the idea. You can see the tri y headers on an old magizine cover called the orange monster. Here is alittle info on the car for sale form the 62-65 site. http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/macdonalda64.html
This is a great car! Matt

What parts do you remember him selling matt?

I can't open the link but I think this was a magazine feature car. The Tri-Ys were developed beacuse you had to run stock manifolds in, I think , nascar or one of the sanctioning bodies, but just as they were about to be released the regs changed and you could run headers, so that's what they did. I think a very, very small number of cars got out with them on, not many, maybe less than a dozen.

Not this past show, but the year before he had quite a bit of rare stuff. I believe that was the year his car was featured in the main building. He had the repaired single tri y maxwedge manifold, a set of the tri y flange pipes, 64 race hemi 1 7/8factory headers with flange pipes, 64 race hemi cross ram and carbs, max wedge cross ram, 65 alcoa aluminum race hemi heads you know stuff you see every where. This past year he did not have as much of the rare stuff with him, but still had some hemi stuff and I think some old records.
The past couple of years he has been set up on the corner close to the main building closer the the show field end. If that helps. Here is another link to the car from the 62-65 b body site after the resto. http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo82002.html

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back