• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Fender Tag decode

jeeper

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am contemplating buying a 64 Plymouth. This is the tag. I can get bits and pieces of what it should be from here and there but I'd like to know what it all means. The car is painted the OEM color and is somewhat complete but I don't know the details.

Can you help?

IMG_0851.jpeg

It looks like a lynch rd. fender tag. Is the fourth digit of your VIN a 1? The 0709 0451 is the shipping order number, of which the 0709 is the scheduled production date of July 9th 1964. The 332 is plymouth fury V/8 2dr hardtop. The H1Q is a cloth and vinyl bench seat interior in turquoise. The KK is the paint code for turquoise metallic roof and body. The W is white upper door frame paint.If it is a lynch rd car then the 04 is a 361 2 bbl engine, and the 5 is a torqueflite automatic. The 1 is an AM radio and the 5 is heater with defroster. The 3 is backup lights. The remaining numbers are gate(fixture) and a sequence number, found only on the lynch rd. tags, as far as I know.

Thank you very much. That meshes with what I was told should be there and what I saw. I appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back