• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Polara 500

tenfive0

Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Looking for my old Maroon 1964 Polara 500 with a black vinyl top, 440/727 auto, Dana 60 with a locker. It was sold to a girl in Doylestown, PA area circa 1980. Last time I seen it at a gas station on route 611 at 113 in Ottsville, PA. Heard it was sold to someone else in Doylestown where it still might be located?

Last edited:
Good luck with your search. I often wonder what happened with the many cars I've sold over the years. Only one in the last 30 years did I ever see again. It's like they just vanished into thin air.

I know a few other persons who seen the car around and were trying to track it down. No big deal not trying to live in the past just wondering if someone has it hiding in a barn. My brother sold a 28 Ford Model A to a local buyer 40 years ago and the person who bought it still owns the car.

It does seem like they just vanish. Back around 87' i traded a guy my gen 1 Bronco for his 66' Satellite. I believe he was from Doylestown area. We were both watching the street racing on Front street in Philly when we both pulled out the for sale signs , wound up trading straight up. Had that car about a year ,blew it up and sold it as a roller. I regretted it almost immediately and looked for that car until last year. Fast foward to 2019. I pulled over to help out a unfamiliar hot rodder broken down on the side of the road in his 34' Ford. As I was talking to him i realized it was the guy i had sold the car to back in 88-89. When i asked if he knew that ever happened to it he said it changed hands a couple of times but got wrapped around a pole within six months of me selling it. I kinda wish i didn't know , it killed the dream of finding it one day.

-- I like that. Then I won't have to see them again, and want them back.
I hear ya . I put my Jeep out for sale on route 206 , a heavily traveled route . Neighbor across the street from me bought it, I have to look at it every time i pull out of my driveway and it looks good ...damn it.

I've tried to locate my departed cousin's 64 Dodge 426/4sp he bought new at a Chicago dealer posting the VIN. His daughter was curious as he raced it at several strips in IL, IN, and WI and she has a lot of photos of it with the trophies. Who knows it could a been wrecked, rusted to ****, crushed, etc. Maybe someone on the wise grabbed the motor and train. I've posted about my regrets selling my cherished rides and one in particular to a dirt bag in my town so I could see it every so often getting beat more to ****. Every time I'd see it, it had more dents and had to confront the guy asking him why he was trashing the car. Just a friggin pig, as was his girlfriend with her dirty feet up on the dash, saying none of my biz as it wasn't my car anymore. Being pissed I replied 'You're one piece of ****' hoping he'd get pissed. I eventually saw it in a dealer's junk lot and tried to buy it; but the dealer was a notorious gyp joint (ask me how I know) and wanted damn near what I had sold it for in pristine shape. Yeah, like posted here, never want to see a car I sell once the sale is done. Best of luck with your search.

I've tried to locate my departed cousin's 64 Dodge 426/4sp he bought new at a Chicago dealer posting the VIN. His daughter was curious as he raced it at several strips in IL, IN, and WI and she has a lot of photos of it with the trophies. Who knows it could a been wrecked, rusted to ****, crushed, etc. Maybe someone on the wise grabbed the motor and train. I've posted about my regrets selling my cherished rides and one in particular to a dirt bag in my town so I could see it every so often getting beat more to ****. Every time I'd see it, it had more dents and had to confront the guy asking him why he was trashing the car. Just a friggin pig, as was his girlfriend with her dirty feet up on the dash, saying none of my biz as it wasn't my car anymore. Being pissed I replied 'You're one piece of ****' hoping he'd get pissed. I eventually saw it in a dealer's junk lot and tried to buy it; but the dealer was a notorious gyp joint (ask me how I know) and wanted damn near what I had sold it for in pristine shape. Yeah, like posted here, never want to see a car I sell once the sale is done. Best of luck with your search.

Same thing that happened with the '64 500 I once owned. Some people shouldn't own a car!

It would be nice to see what happened to the Polara Ramcharger. I resently became aware somethings I regret doing but it happened because at the time good fuel at the pump was no longer available. It became a nuisance to drive the car reliably and comfortably daily. I've moved forward but its taken sometime to get back where I'm currently at. This past year I bought a 1963 Plymouth Sport Fury (documented / not a clone or tribute) Super Stock (project car) to fill the vacuum or void my Polara had left years ago. I will not be totally satisfied until the Fury Project is completed but for now its a start towards healing to see the Plymouth in my garage.

Auto Transport Service
Back