• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1964 Polara Steering Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO,

first if all, Merry Christmas to everyone!

I am searching for a original Steering Wheel for my 1964 Polara. I am not sure what is correct, the half horn or full horn ring. The dealership book says the full hornring is standard for Polara. Maybe someone can help me out.

In my Polara I believe the wrong wheel is installed. Here is a picture if it.

Would be nice if someone has one. Just show me what you have!
Thanks
Yannik
IMG_5553.jpeg
IMG_5474.jpeg

I think they may be the same as '65s, except for the horn rings ? Look at what Classic Industries offers for '64...

1964 and 1965 are not even close to the same steering wheels and I just sent you a private message that I might be able to help you out.

@Yennes that is not the right wheel. The original has the full horn ring and the center cap says 'Dodge' and 'Silver Anniversary Edition' at the tip and bottom of it. Also. It is slightly oval and not round. Here is a pic of the center and one of the car. If you can zoom in you can see the horn ring. I can get better pics when I get home later today if you'd like.
20230920_183815.jpg
20230920_174744.jpg

@Yennes that is not the right wheel. The original has the full horn ring and the center cap says 'Dodge' and 'Silver Anniversary Edition' at the tip and bottom of it. Also. It is slightly oval and not round. Here is a pic of the center and one of the car. If you can zoom in you can see the horn ring. I can get better pics when I get home later today if you'd like.
View attachment 1578845View attachment 1578846
Thanks for the info. Is the interior the same for non 500s and 500s? Since we have a non 500 it would be good to know.
I always appreciate pictures of these cars, so show me what you got!

Thanks

The 500 has bucket seats and console, different rear seat and door panels, and 500 on the glovebox door. Probably some other differences too. Mine is not a 500. Here are some pics of a 500 interior.
dash.jpg

red interior.jpg

64-13.JPG.jpg

Here is the half hornring version. It is mine and available.
PM if you want to learn more.

64 D hornring (1).jpg

I just found a beautiful black original at a flea market a few months ago… could not believe it. Good luck in your search took me awhile and found it even I wasn’t expecting…
1703441100206.jpeg

1703441151278.jpeg

Here's the Classic Ind ad from an older catalog, if they're still available.

1224231315.jpg

Did you look at these ? I bought one for my '65 that will replace my original. They have the '64 listed ???
Yeah I did and appreciate your information. But I prefer a original complete steering wheel. And maybe I am lucky and someone offers a complete one. If not, I will buy a new one. I already saw the full horn ring and the center bar on ebay, but still some parts would missing.

Thanks yannik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back