• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1964 Polara Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Brown

Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
Need the following -
- Drivers side taillight bezel - lenses and lens bezel not required - must be pit free. Casting number 2424315
- trunk key cover - must be in very nice, pit free condition.
Thanks, Charlie

20231231_152733[1].jpg

20231231_153636[1].jpg

Hi Charlie. I think you will have a hard time finding a base that still has good detail without fine pitting. As long as you have a piece with good perimeter chrome, Bill Petrow at Special T's makes a stainless steel insert that drops in and covers the bad area. This piece has the fine grooves machined in, and is held in place by the lens bezels. They are not cheap at $500 for a pair. The trunk lock cover has been reproduced. I think P & G. might sell them

P6130004.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

Hi Charlie. I think you will have a hard time finding a base that still has good detail without fine pitting. As long as you have a piece with good perimeter chrome, Bill Petrow at Special T's makes a stainless steel insert that drops in and covers the bad area. This piece has the fine grooves machined in, and is held in place by the lens bezels. They are not cheap at $500 for a pair. The trunk lock cover has been reproduced. I think P & G. might sell them

View attachment 1583347

View attachment 1583349
Hi Dave,
Actually my bezel is in very nice shape, buy unfortunately, my bezel is broken and patched on the left hand side, so I need a complete unit. I'll check into the trunk part. Thanks.

View attachment 1583347

View attachment 1583349
I don't believe PG ever made that trunk lock cover. I know Frank Mitchell reproduced it way before he passed but never made another run of them. They were $400 each. I believe at this point re-chroming an original will be the only option. The pivoting lock covers come up every once in awhile NOS but not the whole assembly.

Frank Mitchell; now there is a name from the past. A lot of the newer guys on here would never have heard of him. He used to have a huge warehouse in Columbus where he collected and sold NOS and good used Mopar parts. Unfortunately he had a bad fire there and lost a lot of stuff. I bought a NOS electric clock from him at Mopar Nats for my '67 R/T. He was always on the search for original Mopar parts boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back