• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Sport Fury 383 Oil Pan

Desotojohn

Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
I need an oil pan and pickup for my 383 HP build. The original pan is pretty damaged. Looking at Milodon 31010, Mancini and others.

Any recommendations? I don't want to notch the K Member or have to pan hanging down below the K Member. Stock would be good, but finding one ...

383 oil pan.jpg

on my 64 sport fury I had to notch the k member with the milodon 31010.

Hey Desotojohn, Welcome to the hunt ! I just went through any channel I could to locate a pan for my '63 build, and the only pan I found, that is currently available, is the Milodon 31010. It will fit the '62-'65 k-members with a BB, but for street use, it hangs 2-1/2" below the frame. I did purchase one, and about to start the mod on it to remove 1" to 1-1/2" in depth from the sump. This will leave about a 6 qt capacity for the oil. All other pans available have been discontinued, due to lack of need for them, according to the venders I spoke with. The pic of the pan is on a friends '65, and is from 440 source, 7 qt, which they NO LONGER OFFER ? It hangs down about 2" to give you an idea of what you will end up with, using a Milodon 31010. Good luck with your build, and drop a source for the pans if you happen to find any that will work on the '62-'65s.
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

Thanks for all the suggestions. I called Moroso and they recommended their 20766 Oil pan and 24766 pickup. Seems like the front is too deep to clear the K Member.

Moroso 20766.jpg 710-24766.jpg

Hello---I have a perfect original 1962-1965 B-body Big Block oil pan, pickup, windage tray and a new gasket available. Please send me a private message by clicking on my user name and then the start a conversation option. Take Care and perhaps we'll be talking again soon.

On my 63 Sport Fury with the 440 eng I use a Moroso 7 qt pan I bought from Mancini. It fits perfect and I did not touch the K-frame as I did not modify the K-frame any as this pan fit right in. And you can see it has plenty of road clearance and its never hit anything in the 12 years its been on the road. Ron

413561345.jpg

Hey Desotojohn, Welcome to the hunt ! I just went through any channel I could to locate a pan for my '63 build, and the only pan I found, that is currently available, is the Milodon 31010. It will fit the '62-'65 k-members with a BB, but for street use, it hangs 2-1/2" below the frame. I did purchase one, and about to start the mod on it to remove 1" to 1-1/2" in depth from the sump. This will leave about a 6 qt capacity for the oil. All other pans available have been discontinued, due to lack of need for them, according to the venders I spoke with. The pic of the pan is on a friends '65, and is from 440 source, 7 qt, which they NO LONGER OFFER ? It hangs down about 2" to give you an idea of what you will end up with, using a Milodon 31010. Good luck with your build, and drop a source for the pans if you happen to find any that will work on the '62-'65s.View attachment 557314 View attachment 557315 View attachment 557316

That's one super clean shop !! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back