• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Belvedere brake question

Fuzzy

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the master cylinder on my 1965 Belvedere from a single reservoir master cylinder with manual brakes to a dual reservoir master cylinder and power brakes. I would like to think that the master cylinder and booster from a 1967 B body might work but I don't know. Does anyone know what would fit? I am going to keep the current 10" drum brakes for now. I would appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks!

I want to upgrade the master cylinder on my 1965 Belvedere from a single reservoir master cylinder with manual brakes to a dual reservoir master cylinder and power brakes. I would like to think that the master cylinder and booster from a 1967 B body might work but I don't know. Does anyone know what would fit? I am going to keep the current 10" drum brakes for now. I would appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks!

That's exactly what I did to my 65 Coronet. When I saw the dual master was 1/2 the price of the single on Rock Auto I switched and replumbed. It works great, I can lock up all 4 wheels standing on it with the manual setup.
Mike

I did that also. Not sure which year I used for the upgrade. '67, 68. 69? It worked perfect. I also switched the proportioning valve to the later model. I had 10" drum brakes front & rear, & 11x 3" for a while before weight reduction back to 10".

Back