• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Belvedere I Sedan

Nice color combo! It'll be the only one like that for sure
Yes - standard colors available from Legendary but I had them make the seat covers in that combo. Since I needed a new interior, I had a clean slate and based it on the original paint color - dark turquoise metallic.

Some cold weather projects in the garage over the past couple months. Mostly interior stuff.
Installed Roof insulation and headliner. I had removed those headliner retainer deadly spikey things before body work - I knew that I would take meat off the hands if I didn't. Putting them back on was a bit harder than removing them, as I remember.

InteriorRoofInsulation2.jpg

HeadlinerRetainers.jpg

HeadlinerRetainers4.jpg

Headliner5.jpg

Headliner6.jpg

Headliner9.jpg

Finished the floor insulation, door panels, windlace, some trim, dash mounted, rear wiring harness, dash wiring harness in place, e-brake and pedal assembly mounted.

FloorInsulation1.jpg

FloorInsulation2.jpg

Interior1.jpg

In the engine bay, started mounting some engine accessories and got all the pulleys lined up - I hope! Test fit the aftermarket Griffin radiator yesterday and found it interfered with the fan. With the help of one of the forum members here (shoutout "1 Wild RT"), it looks like a low profile fan clutch may solve the issue.

EngineBay1.jpg

Been a while since I posted progress. Had a few project difficulties and have been working like hell trying to get it on the road. My son wants to use it in his wedding over Labor Day weekend. Gonna be close!!

I had to ditch the AC idea (at least for now). I couldn't find a way to make the pulleys, fan and radiator fit, so no AC for me. I lost about a month trying to figure that out between getting different parts and trying them.

I got my electrical done. Made an auxilliary fuse/relay panel for new circuits for fuel pump and crash relay. The one place that had enough room was just above the parking brake pedal, mounted to the inner wall behind the dash. I traced the available space for the panel on paper and cut out a piece of sheet metal I had. I mounted the panel to 1" standoffs to allow for all of the component mounting screws to go through the panel and it also made it better to use the available space by using standoffs. Was pretty easy to install with the instrument cluster out. I also added a courtesy/floor lighting kit from Painless. You can see the light fixture mounted under the bottom lip of the dash in the e-brake picture.

RelayPanel4.jpg

RelayPanel2.jpg

RelayPanel7.jpg

This car was originally a radio delete. As part of the sound system going in, I added two tweeters to the center dash speaker area. I used a piece of plexiglass to mount the tweeters in, then mounted the plexiglass to the standard speaker mount bracket that I picked up, using standoffs. Covered it with cloth and the whole unit can mount under the dash with the standard wing nuts that were used. Decided to go with a Retro Radio unit since it fits the standard radio opening. LOTS OF PIECES! The hardest part was adjusting the control knob brackets and the control knob depth - some trial and error taking it in and out of the dash.
I'll post pictures when that's fully installed with the radio bezel. Still putting final touches on radio bezel. I purchased an original bezel years ago, which was not in great condition and rather than pay lots to chrome it, it got some paint to match the dash color and some chrome spray paint to freshen up the inside of the frame. Taping it off was a job and I got some chrome paint bleed-through onto the black that I will try to touch up. We'll see how it looks when I put it in next to the newly chromed dash bezel.

FrontSpeakers3.jpg

FrontSpeakers2.jpg

FrontSpeakers1.jpg

FrontSpeakers5.jpg

Radio1.jpg

Radio2.jpg

Bezel1.jpg

Bezel2.jpg

Bezel3.jpg

Bezel4.jpg

Got new front and rear gaskets and glass installed.
ACC carpet install went well. The fit was really good and it's a quality product with all the molded contours in the right places - I would recommend ACC to anyone looking to carpet their cars.

GlassFront1.jpg

GlassFront4.jpg

GlassRear2.jpg

Interior7.jpg

Interior6.jpg

Interior8.jpg

Interior9.jpg

Fuel tank from Aeromotive is mounted. It's got the pump inside the tank so hopefully that helps with reliability. Routing the fuel and return lines now.
Car is at a friend's shop where we installed the clutch, bellhsg, trans, headers, starter, etc.

GasTank.jpg

Lift1.jpg

Engine1.jpg

Engine3.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Thanks. It’s at the point where I’m counting in decades for how long it’s taken to get here, lol.

Got her put together and running. Working out the bugs, trying to find all the squeaks and need to get an alignment.
This was my Grandmother’s (aka Big Flo) car. My wife got me the plaque in the final photo.

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3062.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3055.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back