• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1965 Dodge Coronet 500, 361/Auto. 2 dr HT with AC. Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, good eye. Iwondered when I was reviewing the pics if someone would wonder about the ‘headgaskets,’ in the trunk. They areactually a new exhaust manifold gasket set. They are one of many ‘someday’ parts. There are two bags of ‘what-if’ parts: starter relays, ignition parts,extra brake rebuild parts, an extra pair of shocks, etc. The original owner always assembled quite afew things for the car in the past to restore the car. The original steering box (replaced 12 yearsago) is wrapped in plastic in the trunk too. There are even two new sets of wiper blades.
The ‘gauge’ onthe ashtray is a thermometer and velcroed, (no holes). It could pass as original to the untrainedeye.
The driver’s sidefender/head light bezel had a garage bump’ (in the late 80’s) and has a bit ofwrinkle around the headlight bezel. Previous owner provided a replacement fender and an array of newheadlight bezels (four total). There aretwo more in the plastic bubble wrap in the trunk. Being such an survivor car with originalpaint, I’d wax it and leave it alone. Thecar has lived 43 years of history and a story to tell.
No head gasketissue, not ever known anyway. I’ve hadthe car idling/driving for 30-40 minutes without issue. There is some seepage at the top seam of theradiator, but no head-gasket issues. It's a very honest car.

Sorry taken a bit to get some more pics. I've been driving the car frequently, runs and drives great!

Here are some additional pics specifically 'ding' on drivers front, driver's side, and undercarriage. Car has no rust issues and is very solid.

8-10.1.jpg

8-10.6.jpg8-10.5.jpg8-10.4.jpg8-10.3.jpg8-10.2.jpg
I like the car that was traded in on the sale! 1958 Lincoln Continental

That's a sweet car! Wish I was in the position to buy and it were closer. Good luck with the sale.

That's a sweet car! Wish I was in the position to buy and it were closer. Good luck with the sale.
yeah same here I can buy the car but don't have the 1400.00 it will cost to get it to me.

yeah same here I can buy the car but don't have the 1400.00 it will cost to get it to me.

You could always drive it home and sleep in the trunk. It would be one heck of a trip:eek:ld_school:

Take it up to the Barona Drags and park by the entrance. Tonight was Nostalgia night but any weekend will get it good exposure with the Mopar crowd. Should be real close to you.

Hello,
it´s me who bought the coronet.
I´m looking forward to get the car delivered (to Germany)
I´ve searched a long time for a survivor like this, i will keep the car in it´s original condition and don´t want to make any modifications only some cosmetic restoration.
It goes to a person who will care for it !!!

Congratulations to the both of you. I`ve seen the car up close and it is a solid survivor. Wish I could of grabbed it...

Hello,
it´s me who bought the coronet.
I´m looking forward to get the car delivered (to Germany)
I´ve searched a long time for a survivor like this, i will keep the car in it´s original condition and don´t want to make any modifications only some cosmetic restoration.
It goes to a person who will care for it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back