• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1965 dodge coronet 500 total survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Body Bruce

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For financial reasons I have to keep my priorities straight and let go of my 1965 Dodge Coronet 500. The car is a TOTAL survivor right down to the single exhaust 318 Poly Head engine. I am the third owner .It started it's life in Sterling Heights, Illinois...and for the last twenty-eight years has resided in Hollywood,California and the Phoenix, Arizona area where it is now. The car is completely stock with the exception of early seventy's Rally Wheels. It is in amazingly good shape considering it's age. The interior is original with black vinyl bucket seats. There is some seam splitting on the front seats and some dry cracking on the top of the rear seat by the package shelf. The headliner needs to be replaced. The driver and passenger floor up front need to be repaired (Not Replaced). Easily repaired holes at both locations. The trunk has minimul rust damage that I am in the process of repairing now. The car sat in a carport under a car cover for over ten years without being run. To make it road worthy I did the following: New inner and outer right front wheel bearing,New fuel pump,New water pump,New battery,New brakes on all four corners,New rear wheel cylinders, New L/R brake drum,New three row aluminum radiator and flex fan with extensive cooling system flush,New Cooper Cobra 235/60/14 radial tires (less than 125 miles since installed). The car drives well as I drive it two or three times a week for about ten miles each time.All the trim is there and in very good shape (driver quality or better)The glass is in excellent condition with the exception of some minor wiper scuffing on the windshield.The engine runs well and the 727 shifts thru all three gears. The rear diff is a 8/34 and most likely a 3:23 gear ratio. The diff has no leaks and is quiet.The car leaks oil in all the places you would expect for something of that vintage....rear main,oil pan,transmission,power steering box.The body is very solid and straight and virtually dent free. At some time there were patch panels on both rear quarters which still look good. The paint was originally PP1 Red but has been repainted once in what looks like the Ruby Red you could get on a 65 Coronet.As close as I can figure the vehicle has 107,967 miles on it. I can't document this for sure,however the odometer dose work.The header pipes leak a little bit at the exhaust manifold outlet (gaskets are bad)but not a real issue. At this time I only have two pictures of the car but would be willing to take more of the areas that you would request. I have tried to represent this car with honesty and things that I know up to this point. The car is VERY fairly priced at $7,500. If you are in the market for a totally unmolested 65 Coronet that is in good unrestored condition...then this is the one for you. Please PM me if you need further assistance.

AFTER REVIEWING CARS IN COMPARABLE CONDITION, I HAVE REDUCED THE PRICE TO $ 5,500 FIRM

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 001.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,370
Last edited:
Nice car for a fair price. Wish I could buy another. Is it auto / console?

65 Coronet

Do you still have the 65 for sale? Thanks Ranbo
Yes..the car is still for sale,however,I am in southern California until the 30th of this month and have six folks who seem very interested to pursue it when I return to Arizona. But you know how that go's..it's not sold until the title is signed over and you have the money in hand.....Thanks....Bruce

Yes..the car is still for sale,however,I am in southern California until the 30th of this month and have six folks who seem very interested to pursue it when I return to Arizona. But you know how that go's..it's not sold until the title is signed over and you have the money in hand.....Thanks....Bruce
Bump

very nice car for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back