• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Dodge Coronet turn signal flasher location

hawaii318

Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
I just went through a search to find the turn signal flasher on my 65 Coronet. After reading posts and not finding it, I finally found it ATTACHED to the ASHTRAY shroud. To reach it, I disconnected the battery because this area is close to some HOT wires on the ignition switch. Then I removed the ashtray receptacle. Next I removed the four small screws holding the shroud in place and carefully rotated the shroud until I could see the flasher unit attached by a clip to the side nearest the radio. Slide the clip up and detach the flasher and the wires from the harness plugin. I bought a standard heavy duty flasher at a local parts store. The original flasher which is what my car has/had is rectangular. I just plugged the standard round style into the plugin and let it hang so no one has to go through the mystery with my car again. Hope this is helpful. This is to find an original flasher in the original factory location.

Auto Transport Service
Back