• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 hemi hood scoop

Rebelrouser

Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Gathering parts up for the 65 Coronet, and what is the best quality bolt on hemi hood scoop with the correct look from your guy's experience? Looking at VFN and AAR have not seen many other vendors. And while it would be nice to buy one of the metal reproductions not in the budget.

I believe as far as fiberglass units go Hemi Eddie has the better made ones. He sells on Ebay and is on facebook
Matt

Is this the style you are looking for? If so, I may be able to help you out. I have a new one from Glasstek that I bought to mount on my steel hood but then switched to a full fiberglass hood so still have it. Let me know if it is something that would work for you.

Hemi_Scoop_Overhead.jpg

Hemi_Scoop_Side.jpg

Hemi_Scoop_Top.jpg

They are the Mopar Performance factory style. In the photo it doesn't have the lanyards and clips inserted.
Car wasn't finished yet.Had more trim to install.

AAR stinger. scoop and hood. the best.

IMG_0953.JPG

I'm very happy with my sled city fiberglass hood scoop. Will Kramer or Stinger guarantee their scoops against cracks or blow off?
Blow off is all relative to how the mounts and or studs are moulded in and how it is mounted on the hood itself. Using extra large flat washers helps distribute the mounting force much better. My Kramer scoop was just fine and never blew off even at 130 MPH plus. Of course, now I have my own aluminum scoop hand built using the AFX design as a template. No issues so far after 15 years.

Who makes them for Kramer? and are they any higher than the Stinger ones?

Who makes them for Kramer? and are they any higher than the Stinger ones?
Not sure who makes them, but it could be the same fabricator. Kramers look the part as far as factory look. I have seen the Stingers from afar. Their quality is also good. By the way, I bought the very first Kramer prototype back in 199?? right out of his booth at Carlisle when he was selling them before delivery of the finished product. It was a nice scoop.

I believe it might be the same company that makes them for Ted Stephen's, which is in a small Country as I recall.

Where'd ya find those hoods? Would happen to have a link or manufacture?
Thanks- Henry

Auto Transport Service
Back