• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1966 1967 B body defroster vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtx6970

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
Actually i need 2 of them.

Pass side on 2 cars .

Really dont want to buy repops as i don't have a need for the drivers side

20221019_170709.jpg

If you are just looking for functionality and not worried about it looking factory correct, a real simple solution is to use a body shim. I bought this one from harbor freight and they work perfect. The hole is in the right location and is the right diameter and the u shape fits right over the end of the defrost vent with one fork on either side. Simply put the defrost vent in the dash, slide the shim onto the stud and put the nut on.

1666270225646.png

Bill...Is that off the one you bought from me? I do not have any spares but just curious. I also just found a brand new factory correct firewall insulation pad for under the dash if you would like it. Let me know in a PM and I will get it off to you if you do...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

If you are just looking for functionality and not worried about it looking factory correct, a real simple solution is to use a body shim. I bought this one from harbor freight and they work perfect. The hole is in the right location and is the right diameter and the u shape fits right over the end of the defrost vent with one fork on either side. Simply put the defrost vent in the dash, slide the shim onto the stud and put the nut on.

View attachment 1360635
THOSE will work, as I dont know if I still have the broken piece or not

Bill...Is that off the one you bought from me? I do not have any spares but just curious. I also just found a brand new factory correct firewall insulation pad for under the dash if you would like it. Let me know in a PM and I will get it off to you if you do...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Bill, yes. same air duct . My cornet is the same exact broken piece.

No worries either way

Dont worry about the pad, there was a new one in the trunk of the car already. I still havent pulled the heater box to replace the core yet. But,,,,its on my to do list here soon

So I have no need for it

I hope that's not the one I repaired for him? Judging by the missing piece and the sight of a lack of repair, I'm going to say NO. If you have the tab it can be repaired with a piece of Kleenex or T.P. and some super glue. PM me if you want to know more on how to do it. Good Luck

No signs of a previous repair.

I have a set of the body shims waiting on me and will go that route for repair .

No worries

With having 2 cars with the same exact broken duct. I didnt want to spend 300 on the repops if i didnt have to

No signs of a previous repair.

I have a set of the body shims waiting on me and will go that route for repair .

No worries

With having 2 cars with the same exact broken duct. I didnt want to spend 300 on the repops if i didnt have to
My Brother was a Dr Vinyl Franchise owner for a bit and does some great work in that realm Bill. His simple way helped me with the other one that broke in a similar way. But those shims will do the same...Bill :thumbsup:

But there are some people that have more money than sense, I sure as hell wouldn't spend that amount of coin on some plastic! And being in AZ. you have to ask yourself, how often are you going to need the defroster anyway?

But there are some people that have more money than sense, I sure as hell wouldn't spend that amount of coin on some plastic! And being in AZ. you have to ask yourself, how often are you going to need the defroster anyway?
Since we moved here in 2018.
I think ive used them once....maybe twice.

But the **** part of me says they have to work

Last edited:
Followup.

I did the body shim trick.
Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back