• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966-67 BBody Glass

gtxfanatic

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi all
Changing from clear to tint in my 67 gtx 2 door hardtop restoration
The only tint glass I have was from a 66 b body. I saved everything and I understand that the 1/4 window frame bracket, mounting etc is different however I have all the components and looking at the 67 parts catalog the channels, stops etc are the same 66-67. Chrysler changed to a slip on vertical weatherstrip moldings In 67 opposed to the riveted on 66 and the main frame bracket to regulator. I have also read somewhere that the door glass is different from 66-67 due to the notch at the upper corner where it sits in the vent window.
Has anyone tried to do this? Can anyone chime in regarding the door glass? Thanks

I have a couple 66/67 b body doors and i did notice there's a notch right up at the top corner of the glass where it meets the vent window. One of the doors has slanted notch like they cut the corner off and the other one looks like a semi circle notch. Not sure which one is for which year or if they're interchangeable. Someone here will know.

I highly doubt the 66 quarter glass will work for 67. As you know, the design of how it attaches to the regulator assembly is different. If you could get the 66 glass out, it doesn't appear you'd be able to mount it to the 67 mechanism.

Last edited:
I have a couple 66/67 b body doors and i did notice there's a notch right up at the top corner of the glass where it meets the vent window. One of the doors has slanted notch like they cut the corner off and the other one looks like a semi circle notch. Not sure which one is for which year or if they're interchangeable. Someone here will know.

I highly doubt the 66 quarter glass will work for 67. As you know, the design of how it attaches to the regulator assembly is different. If you could get the 66 glass out, it doesn't appear you'd be able to mount it to the 67 mechanism.
I have seen cars with curved glass on one side and slanted on the other. Wouldn’t think that was factory. The top seal might have been slightly different,

The green tinted glass that I put in my 1967 R/T came out of a 1966 Satellite. Because of the way the glass attaches to the regulators, they have to changed as well. You should have access to a FSM to help you with all the adjustments to line up the windows. I do not remember any insurmountable problems with the conversion, but this was over 30 years ago.

Thanks all for your replies
Both 1/4 glass assemblies went in Today with no issues. All of the holes lined up perfectly
The 66 frame has a different down stop design than the 67 for anyone doing this in the future
Had the complete 67 units for reference
I also have now seen the difference, made aware thanks to (FBBO members) between the top edges of the door glass
Btw, the notch is hidden by either 66-67 vent frames but I will change the top corner seal from some 66 vents I have.
Always a learning experience!

Thanks all for your replies
Both 1/4 glass assemblies went in Today with no issues. All of the holes lined up perfectly
The 66 frame has a different down stop design than the 67 for anyone doing this in the future
Had the complete 67 units for reference
I also have now seen the difference, made aware thanks to (FBBO members) between the top edges of the door glass
Btw, the notch is hidden by either 66-67 vent frames but I will change the top corner seal from some 66 vents I have.
Always a learning experience!
I think I may have installed the '66 front vent window frames as well to get the tinted vent windows, in my '67 R/T.

Auto Transport Service
Back