• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966-67 Door handles.

gtx6970

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I see they make repop door handles for these cars.

Problem is...prices range from $75 to almost $200 a pair.

Are there 2 different manufacturers . One better than the other?

Or are just some sellers super greedy.?

Might be that the cheapest price ones don't have the pivot mechanism with the handle and the more expensive ones include it. But the complete assemblies can be found for around $100 to $140. Any more than that and they are price gouging.

IMG_1035.jpeg

I have found that some of the cheaper sets do not have the slots that hook over to door skin at the center of the push button area. The set that @AR67GTX pictured is correct and the lowest price range you can find them in with correct pivots and the slots is what I would buy.

I think I have my originals around here somewhere that I’d sell if you’re interested in that type of thing. Obviously not going to be perfect. I shaved my doors so I won’t be needing them haha.

Thanks.

The issue Im having is the small metal tab bracket on the backside keeps bending ( Im pretty sure previous owner used repop door handles but dont know where he got them )

The outside is nice. Just has bent the tab twice now.

I have a set of used original handles but on one of them the same tab is broken.

Auto Transport Service
Back