• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966-67 Satellite quarters

The flat area where the taillight and extension bolts in is different if you are swapping used quarters between a 66 and 67.

I'm currently working on a 67..... it came with onebroken 67 extension and a 66 extension in a box...... the 66 piece is different as would be the trunk lid; but I see nothing where it mounts that would be different; possibly the hole location for the bezels? but that would be on the tail panel, not the quarter

IMG_20230218_010136359_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230202_204759552_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Well the hole for the taillight is different. The reflector housing is larger on a 66 and smaller on a 66. You could put the smaller 66 lights. On a 67, but you can’t put a 67 light in a 66.

if you are doing a correct restoration you would want to know this. If you are throwing something together then anything will fit.

the attached photo is very telling of the difference in width of the lamps and panel. 67 trunk, 66 lamp.

Not my photo so I don’t know what year the car is, or if they just swapped the trunk lid.

B1BC4FBC-EA7D-4B88-BF76-C83B76B7547B.png

Original question is about the quarter panel, not the extension housing correct??? Those just unbolt....use the one you need. Quarters are identical, AFAIK.

Auto Transport Service
Back