• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere II Carpet Question

Al T

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a '66 Belvedere II. The car is factory black (BB1) with red vinyl interior (H4R). I'm looking at buying carpet for the car. There appears to be red and medium red as options for carpet. Could somebody advise what color carpet would be correct for the H4R interior?
Thanks in advance.

Allan

Typically the darker of the two; the red interior on my '68 Decor Group AT RR, which was actually a 2-tone burgundy, had a dark red/burgundy carpet. Basically matched the kick panels, dash, and package tray. Dad's blue '66 interior had the same kind of scheme as far as light & dark colors, as did my green interior '68-'70 B-bodies.
Black w/red is a great color scheme, BTW.:thumbsup:

I've recently purchased a '66 Belvedere II. The car is factory black (BB1) with red vinyl interior (H4R). I'm looking at buying carpet for the car. There appears to be red and medium red as options for carpet. Could somebody advise what color carpet would be correct for the H4R interior?
Thanks in advance.

Allan
Post pics! Sounds fantastic. Call Legendary and ask them about the carpet.

this is from 1986 original interior. BB1 H4R

66 1 12 22.jpg

66 red 1987.jpg

They asked me for a sample. Ask Legendary if they fix heel pad placement, some were off.

It definilty has darker tint to it. Almost a burgandy color to me

Mine is same color combo

20201025_123710.jpg

20201025_124500(1).jpg

20201025_124513.jpg

so whats the part number for the burgundy carpet for 66 belvedere, looking to replace my carpet??

Auto Transport Service
Back