• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger Fender/body aluminum side molding.

Encswsm

Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Happy Saturday folks,
I would like to know what everyone does about the molding that runs from the front fender to the back of the car? It looks like it may have been anodized aluminum 57 years ago. Mine has lost its luster. What do I do polish it? Or is it’s chromed? Seem to remember the one I had when I was 16 was raw aluminum. I remember I tried to pull it off cause I didnt like the way it looked. I discovered the pinch weld for the back fender Too bad.
Just wondering what I should do to spruce it up.
Thanks

Happy Saturday folks,
I would like to know what everyone does about the molding that runs from the front fender to the back of the car? It looks like it may have been anodized aluminum 57 years ago. Mine has lost its luster. What do I do polish it? Or is it’s chromed? Seem to remember the one I had when I was 16 was raw aluminum. I remember I tried to pull it off cause I didnt like the way it looked. I discovered the pinch weld for the back fender Too bad.
Thanks
They were anodized. When we did the last car, I had the moldings stripped. Then I just polished them. Looked quite nice. Another car, we had them re anodized, they also were nice.
Most likely going to just put the originals back on this car.

They were anodized. When we did the last car, I had the moldings stripped. Then I just polished them. Looked quite nice. Another car, we had them re anodized, they also were nice.
Most likely going to just put the originals back on this car.
I stripped mine also. Gave em a bath in some product I got at a swap meet. Worked well but don’t remember what the stufd Was called , a white powder. You can surely look it up. Mine also came out nice. You just have to polish them periodically.

Happy Saturday folks,
Thanks
Just sand it with some fine grades of sand paper and water then buy a Buffer and Rouge and buff off the Anodized Coating! I then polish it every six months with “Never Dull” puts a shine on Aluminum like no tomorrow!

Auto Transport Service
Back