• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger for sale.

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
hey all, my buddy Gary has a nice collection of restored muscle cars, about 25 I think, and is deep into a Superbird at the moment. He has a 66 Charger that he wants to pass on to someone who has the time to restore it. I will be taking pics in the morning and gathering all of the info and giving it a full inspection. I will post all here and two other threads on FBBO. Gary is a great car guy and very honest and fair, I have known him for years and he does great resto's. He will be fair with the price. Till tomorrow...

Ok, so, I went and looked at the 66 Charger. It's the yellow cream color, same as my Coronet but has a bronze hood and a replacement fender. Green interior. Tinted glass, which is all in great shape. They roll up and down. The trunk was locked, no keys, but looked fine from underneath. The car has been inside a barn with wood floors for the last 20+ years. The bottom side has some grease and oil which is good, and the rest is undercoated. Saw no major damage under there or rust.

The interior is missing the front buckets, which he has a set of Coronet buckets to come with it, and the radio. Everything else appears to be there. Console is in very good condition and all parts are there. Dash is complete with 133,000 miles on the OD.
Missing the rear windshield lower outside trim but may be in the trunk.

Body wise I think it's only fair since it has several heavy surface rust spots around windows and the banged up right front fender which has some bondo slathered over a couple of places. There are many small dents and one whooping big dent in the roof. However, I feel the roof dent can be popped out and the creased points replaced with good metal. The tail lights are complete except for the " R" is missing but again, may be in the trunk. The center section is not snapped but the red center piece that holds the "R" has a diagonal crack on it. The window fuzzy base strips are shot.

It has a 318, V8 and is an automatic. I couldn't get under it enough to see the rear end well. I did not think to snap the data plate, duh, but don't thin k there is any big surprises on it anyway.
There is a shallow crease along the bottom section of the left door. The front short section of the chrome fender top trim is missing but , well you know...lol. The headlights and grill seem to be complete with motors and all present. Trim is off on the right nose. Other than those issue the overall body is sound and mostly rust free and original paint. There is some rusted through damage to the bottom of the quarter rear leg on the right. Springs are shot as are the shocks of course. The radiator is missing. The floor pans are all solid. Frame rails look good.
I would say that it is; A mostly complete, barn stored, fairly solid, but damaged car that could easily be restored and driven. The missing parts are minor and the damage is all repairable by the average enthusiast. He wants to know what all of you think about what he should ask for it. Just spoke to Gary, trying to get a number from him. He says he wants $5500 minimum for the car.

WP_20170420_09_43_50_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_04_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_29_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_37_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_44_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_50_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_44_55_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_45_02_Pro.jpg WP_20170420_09_45_09_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I just sold this one for 5500 Canadian front fenders included 2 motors original 383 and440 no rust at all confirmed buy buyer after tear down

c2.png c3.png c4.png c6.png c7.png

The old girl has a lot of potential. Fixing the top will be the hardest part. It can be done but iI will take a bit of skill and patience.

After close eyeballing I expect it will push back up once the creases are relieved on the upper sides and then hammer and dolly the creased spots back to the right shapes and welded back to the skin. Maybe a shrinking disc for a bit to pull the oilcan out of the skin. Not a real big deal.

I paid less than that for a complete running big block 66 a few years ago, seen in my sig.
Seems a bit on the high side considering, but I admittedly have not been active in the market for 3ish years...

Last edited:
Unfortunately for cars like this their value lies in parting them out.

Save it if you are so inclined tho please !!

Auto Transport Service
Back