• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger sterling Column wiring harness

Encswsm

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
I am in the middle of a Borgeson steering install on my 66 Charger. When I pulled the Steeering Column out I discovered the P O or someone has performed some wire splices on the old wiring harness. Im wondering if anyone is making a repop of this harness. I hate having to solder repair splices. I will if I have to but I’d prefer not.

image.jpg

Thats all part of the turn signal switch. you can get a repop of it via various sources.

But Ive not heard good things about their longevity

I talked a friend of mine out of an NOS one last year for mine

2822170.jpg

Pop those off and see what it looks like beneath.
They might be fine with just heat shrink as that style just pierced the insulation with a sharp prong.

Pop those off and see what it looks like beneath.
They might be fine with just heat shrink as that style just pierced the insulation with a sharp prong.
I guess thats what Im going to do. Im not racing I just want reliability and I know these things are not.

I guess thats what Im going to do. Im not racing I just want reliability and I know these things are not.
Get rid of the Scotch locks and use butt connectors with heat shrink, either the crimped or soldered ones. Insulate the connector with heat shrink tube or there are butt connectors you crimp on and they have heat shrink built in.

Thats all part of the turn signal switch. you can get a repop of it via various sources.

But Ive not heard good things about their longevity

I talked a friend of mine out of an NOS one last year for mine

View attachment 1606799
We have a repo switch that we installed in the early 80’s, still works fine.

We have a repo switch that we installed in the early 80’s, still works fine.
Yet, I know of people whom have bought switches and are lucky to get a year out of them before something breaks.

Yet, I know of people whom have bought switches and are lucky to get a year out of them before something breaks.
Yours is probably an older replacement or there wouldn't be Scotchlocks. If it works, use it and update the butt connectors.

Auto Transport Service
Back