• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Ply Satellite Conv 383 Production Numbers

Sky Blue

Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
I am having my 1966 Ply Satellite Convertible, Commando 383, 727 Automatic transmission, completely restored, having owned it since 1967. It's completely original and intact, all numbers match, right down to the water pump, starter, alternator, radiator, etc. That alone is probably rare these days. I know how many Convertibles were made, but I cannot find any production numbers of how many 66 Satellite Convertibles were produced with the Commando 383 4-bbl with 727 auto trans. Anyone know where that information can be found? Information seems to be available for those built with the Hemi, but not for the Commando 383. Thanks.

That info is tough to find. There have been other threads about 66 Satellie convertibles non-hemi cars. Do a search in the search box, there was one about a 361 2barrel no numbers.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome didn't see it was welcome wagon! You described your car how about some pictures!!!!!!! You probably know 66 Sarellite vert were produced . I've seen two totals 2865 and 2757 +/- some. Bet most were 318 cars, 383-4 barrels were the least except for Hemi's my opinion. My Satellite pictured.
Clean Satellite 1.jpg

Welcome from NY.
Have a 383 Commando Hardtop (not entirely original...)
NLe1losyjf0Q2Dl8PkiQ4NNe02Xco3nTwqa_0et-AcGfVmVmljcA_17PN6v-tcBefQe3tW0=w1108-h830-no?authuser=0.jpg

welcome to FBBO

The correct production number for the 1966 Plymouth Convertible is 2759. That information directly from Chrysler Corp in a letter I received from them in 1984. Less than one for every dealer in the country at that time. I have a reference from 2007 that of the 2759 Satellite convertibles, there were 489 convertibles built with the Commando 383 4-bbl with 737 automatic transmission, but I can't confirm the source for that information, so cannot definitely confirm that statistic. As for pictures, I will be posting them later, as it is today, not abused but definitely well used, once I get them in digital format, and after the full restoration is complete a year or so from now. As it is today, it's a complete car, all numbers matching (if that makes any difference in terms of value) as it came from the factory, straight car, but as I said, well used in need of a full restoration. It was my only car for some 25 years before I was able to afford another car. Another Mopar of course.

Auto Transport Service
Back