• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Belvedere I 426 HEMI`s: let`s track them down!

Did I spot this correctly @66 Belvedere I : radio- and heater-delete?

Your car looks awesome! Also nice shoes: Magnum500‘s & redlines…yummy!
Thank you, Tobias.

Unfortunately, the wheels are 'fifty footers', and early 14" dia.

Only radio-delete.

Car was purchased from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago. From what I know, and that is unverified till I bought it, the car 'lived' in NE Ohio till I brought it to South Carolina in 1989. Since I've owned it, there have been 2 owners - myself and the fellow I sold it to and then bought it back. Prior to 1983, I think I know who one of the owner(s) was/were, but again not verified. However, I recently came across a family member of said possible owner on the A-body forum. That will be my next avenue of research.

I am not yet comfortable with revealing the complete VIN, but it is not on your list. Last 3 digits are 089.

IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_3074.jpg

Thank you, Tobias.

Unfortunately, the wheels are 'fifty footers', and early 14" dia.

Only radio-delete.

Car was purchased from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago. From what I know, and that is unverified till I bought it, the car 'lived' in NE Ohio till I brought it to South Carolina in 1989. Since I've owned it, there have been 2 owners - myself and the fellow I sold it to and then bought it back. Prior to 1983, I think I know who one of the owner(s) was/were, but again not verified. However, I recently came across a family member of said possible owner on the A-body forum. That will be my next avenue of research.

I am not yet comfortable with revealing the complete VIN, but it is not on your list. Last 3 digits are 089.

View attachment 1489402View attachment 1489424

Thanks for the addtl. infos and even the FT @66 Belvedere I !

Amazing history, if I got you right: your car was sold new by Grand Spaulding DODGE ??? Did not know they also sold Plymouth, interesting!

Question for the experts. Is there a 1966 HP2 that is silver with a pewter interior, 4spd council? Came across this car around 97’ or 98’ north side of Mnpls/St. Paul Mn. Don’t know if it was a legitimate car or not. Wish I would have pursued it more.
Matt

Question for the experts. Is there a 1966 HP2 that is silver with a pewter interior, 4spd council? Came across this car around 97’ or 98’ north side of Mnpls/St. Paul Mn. Don’t know if it was a legitimate car or not. Wish I would have pursued it more.
Matt
Thanks for joining in, Matt.

As far as I can tell: there were no Belvedere I`s available with a console, only with bench-seat.

So either the car you are talking about was a modified car, that some upgraded after leaving the factory by ditching the bench and dropping in 2 buckets plus a console.

Or that car was not a Belvedere I.

I wish I new more about those cars then. It was under a cover off to the side. The guy had 2 67 GTX’s in this garage. I had asked about the car under the cover and he pulled it off. I remember seeing the HP2 emblem on the front fender. Opened the hood and there was the HEMI. The guy said it came from Texas.
Matt

I wish I new more about those cars then. It was under a cover off to the side. The guy had 2 67 GTX’s in this garage. I had asked about the car under the cover and he pulled it off. I remember seeing the HP2 emblem on the front fender. Opened the hood and there was the HEMI. The guy said it came from Texas.
Matt

“HP2” was Plymouths designation for their HEMI-cars (HemiPoweredPlymouth) used early in the 66 modelyear (cars produced until 1965-12-31). Cars from 1st of Jan. 66 just used the same “426 Hemi” designation already known from the Dodge cars.

1966 as the very first modelyear of the 426 street-HEMI-engine was special in that you could have that engine in any bodystyle of the Belvedere-series (2 door, 4 door, coupe, sedan, wagon & convertible) and at any trim-level (Belvedere I, II & Satellite).

1 more new car hinded to @Moparts by mattsmopars: he found that car posted on a FB group.

Pics show the same car then and now.

It was raced at Suffolk Raceway, VA and by its class it is a manual trans car.

Anybody here got more info on this new white car?

FDB9F6C6-45A0-4CB1-A138-7C4CF68DD387.jpeg

178C84B0-9168-4D12-99AD-F0646895C5CB.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back