• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1966 Satellite Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldrannon

Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Getting into this project we are realizing that there is no reproduced chrome and it is very hard to come by in the market. Needing drip rails, rocker and wheel well for both sides, along the top of the door+body, and around the rear glass.

Any info on possible substitutes or leads are welcome too.

67 rocker moldings is reproduced, wheel well trim is not. There is nothing but replacement clips for the 66. Pray for a parts car.

Good luck - Scarce as hens teeth comes to mind. There’s probably at least a half dozen of us on here looking for at least some of the same stuff. NOS seems to have dried up or been squirreled away for future use. I wish OER or PG Classic or someone would get in the business of reproducing it. You can usually find the outer window SS surround on EBay or in the WTB area here. It comes up on occasion. The aluminum trim is just a battle piece by piece and then needs to be restored.

The hood lip piece is reproduced although it’s a solid billet piece instead of thin aluminum. But it looks good - not really discernible on the car.

All my spares are gone. I do have a good grill and a couple of tail panels. The 66 parts car has also been picked clean.

67 rocker moldings is reproduced, wheel well trim is not. There is nothing but replacement clips for the 66. Pray for a parts car.
Seen 67 wheel opening repop on ebay a couple years ago. They advertised it as 66/67 but it didn't look like 66 rounded, $400. I skim ebay now that they eliminated Vintage Cars & Trucks sub-search.

For sale? And if so what’s your price?
Sadly most of what you are seeking is "un-obtainium." Those parts are just not out there. I know when it came to my restoring my 66 Ply Sat, I had to search and search until I found what I needed. But that was over 15 plus years ago. Since then most of these parts have dried up. An idea here: If you were to get the mounting holes for the belt line and the rockers/wheel well moldings welded up but leave the turn signal fender holes, and replace with 66 Barracuda fender turn signals, they will work in place of the Sat ones. I've seen it done and it looks really good. But you will be looking for a very long time to try and find all that you are looking for. Good luck with that search...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back