• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 426 Hemi Coronet, value ?

Could it be a 1966?

What's the significance of the name FROG?

Last edited:
The antenna is in the wrong location. Possible radio delete car?

1193469-f76c3463cf7ff83cafd3b17b9e37f221.jpg

VIN is 67

Yep, that was the one picture I didn’t think would show anything. Thanks. There is some paint shade difference in the fender and door so the car has had some paint work. Maybe for some obscure reason the flank R/T emblems were removed and the quarters repainted.

Cool car. Depending on what's wrong with the engine, and you're just gonna clean and detail it? 35K. I'd fix the engine and drive it. Survivor, from a friend. Engine fix shouldn't exceed 12-15K, for a great rebuild.

I think a few might here might want to browse Hagerty's current '66/'67 Hemi car valuation guide....

I think everybody ought to look at the economy, the cost of labor, and the near impossibility to get parts and materials. It's an ominous future, I believe. My engine builder has been waiting on some parts for 7-8 months, with no future ETA.

Okay! I have talked more with my buds sister. the Coronet does have 3 of the R/T emblems that can't be seen in my pics. She was also able to get some help from a neighbor getting the hood open to get a pic of the plate which I'll post here. She hasn't been able to locate the block though, but thinks it may be hid in a bag somewhere. I do plan on going back in July to take a look @ the block/engine & will update after I find something out. Any help with the tag/plate is appreciated. Thanks
IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG

1967 Coronet R/T hardtop. Ordered by a customer, bright blue, white interior, white pinstripe, buckets/console/tach.
426 hemi 4 speed
3.54 Dana
disc brakes
26” rad
sill moulding
Drip rail. Moulding
AM radio
775x14 redline tires
scheduled production date December 7, 1966

I see they took off the brake booster and mounted a manual brake master to the bracket.

Last edited:
Okay! I have talked more with my buds sister. the Coronet does have 3 of the R/T emblems that can't be seen in my pics. She was also able to get some help from a neighbor getting the hood open to get a pic of the plate which I'll post here. She hasn't been able to locate the block though, but thinks it may be hid in a bag somewhere. I do plan on going back in July to take a look @ the block/engine & will update after I find something out. Any help with the tag/plate is appreciated. ThanksView attachment 1288095 View attachment 1288097
don't walk,, run away!!! :eek:

That's awesome! Not sure on the tire code,, is that redlines possibly ? 485

1967 Coronet R/T hardtop. Ordered by a customer, bright blue, white interior, white pinstripe, buckets/console/tach.
426 hemi 4 speed
3.54 Dana
disc brakes
26” rad
sill moulding
Drip rail. Moulding
AM radio
775x14 redline tires
scheduled production date December 7, 1966

I see they took off the brake booster and mounted a manual brake master to the bracket.
It looks like the booster bracket and linkage is still there but the booster is gone. Wonder how hard that would be to find?
Looks to have the hemi K member in it at least.

Resized_20210326_092203.jpeg

Ready to go 66 cast date engine, just not for sale. A real J code body would be great.
This car, in its present condition is 30K tops IMO. Personally I would be more comfortable at 25K because you never know the unknowns. Do we see a transmission in the pictures? An original, rebuilt power brake booster, could run 7-9 hundred maybe more. Little things add up fast and finding them even harder.

The R-1 on the fender tag indicates a single-speaker 2-watt AM radio. It's possible the fender was drilled wrong and they simply said "screw it!" and continued the car down the assembly line.

The WS23 definitely indicates an R/T.

I'm in the "$30K Club" myself on purchase price as she sits. Looks very complete and intact. Jump on that, if you have the means!!

Hope trans, bellhousing and the starter are there. To buy those would be $3200 to $3500. If engine block isn't useable that's more money. $25k MO.

Auto Transport Service
Back