• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 440HP build - Oil pan, windage tray

Packfan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Good morning,
We are in the process of putting together a '67 440HP for one of the GTX's. When I bought the car it had a 383 in it and I eventually found the correct C440 HP stamped core but it came tore apart and in a box. Not all the parts were present. The engine builder has the rotating assembly almost complete and I need to round up the bolt-on parts so he can finish it.
My question is with the oil pan. I am assuming I use the 402 stamped pan which has the baffles built into it but do you also use a windage tray with that pan? I have a tray that is stamped 236E032. I also have the curved oil pump pickup tube. With the baffles in the pan and the windage tray on, the pick up tube seems like it would not work with that setup. Thanks!

Ahhhh, perfect. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The 402 pan is good. I always used the standard windage tray. You need to be sure you have the correct pickup for the 402 pan. I opened the slots in the windage tray up a bit on mine.

I also plan on using the 2780987 water pump housing which I believe the date cast is 10/02/67.

Also balancer cast #1604-2 which also has a 2A stamped on it.

Any issues with these parts? I don't need everything to be totally numbers/castings matching but the closer the better.

20220124_192317.jpg 20220124_192302.jpg

I could be wrong, but think the HP motors got them in '68 & later. I'd still use one even if not original.

Auto Transport Service
Back