• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 belvedere or belvedere gtx?

All4rocks

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
I just got a 67 belvedere. But it has a lot of GTX stuff on it. The vin tag is RH23H. one site says it is a 383 4bbl belvedere. Another site i looked at said it is a hemi GTX. It has a GTX hood, grill, pop open gas cap, 150 mph speedo, and GTX emblems on fenders and glove box. Any help here would be appreciated.

RS23L or J for 67 GTX...you have a 383 4 bbl car...not a gtx...I turned a 67 satellite into a perfect clone after finding all the parts...unless you knew vin codes,you couldn't tell by anything'

RS27L or J for ragtop

Yep.

Belvedere II with 383-4.

I'd like to see pics and the tag if you're OK with that.

I've got a small archive of 66 and 67 (mostly 66) 383 4 barrel (non 500/Satellite) cars.

The '66's are somewhat low production - 1679 Coronet 440's, not sure on Bel II or the 67 cars.

Yep.

Belvedere II with 383-4.

I've got a small archive of 66 and 67 (mostly 66) 383 4 barrel (non 500/Satellite) cars.

The '66's are somewhat low production - 1679 Coronet 440's, not sure on Bel II or the 67 cars.

Here are a couple pics.

IMG_1620.JPG

Yep.

Belvedere II with 383-4.

Another pic

IMG_1627.JPG

Does it still have the Certicard? I have a GTX clone 67 Belve also, I knew it wasn't a real GTX upon purchase but still a great looking car tho! I found mine to have the original Certicard still in its sleeve next to the radiator on the on the drivers side. Check to see if you have it! Pretty neat and often hard to find if not looking for it! Mine origionally had a 318 now has a 360 bored 30 over so now I guess a 365 lol. I've done tons of stuff to mine as well, keep in touch!

I just got a 67 belvedere. But it has a lot of GTX stuff on it. The vin tag is RH23H. one site says it is a 383 4bbl belvedere. Another site i looked at said it is a hemi GTX. It has a GTX hood, grill, pop open gas cap, 150 mph speedo, and GTX emblems on fenders and glove box. Any help here would be appreciated.
Also the GTX had that same chrome trim yours has around the taillights. Things I notice missing are the center console and GTX trim on the backseat. Gas cap speedo hood and badges are all check although I don't see the trunk GTX emblem on the right side or the belvedere badge on the fender that is usually above the GTX badge on both sides like this one.

image.jpeg

Wow my 67 is currently in a similar state, ex drag car with cage, body is good and stiff but missing most of the same items. Same 4 speed hump/727 combo. Mine is real RS23 but most key GTX parts were sold long ago. Not easy to replace! I am having a hell of a time locating a GTX dash; if you want to sell your dash I would be interested.

Yep.

Belvedere II with 383-4.

I bought a 66 Coronet 500 awhile back for parts! No tags or paper work! It did still have the original 383, 4bbl, auto, with dual exhaust and 323 sure grip 741 case! Don't have the body! But still have the engine complete from intake manifold to oil pan It is FOR SALE! Hasn't been started for years not locked up!

Everyone has done a good job explaining that you don't have real GTX, so I'll just agree. Looks like decent car though.

Thank you for all the help! The belvedere is now for sale $9500 located in northern cal.

Auto Transport Service
Back